Planning and Asset Manager
About the role
Balfour Beatty Living Places provides highways maintenance, street lighting and public realm services to local authorities, helping to create places where people want to live, work and play.
We have an opportunity for a Planning & Asset Manager to join our Living Places business unit to work in Cambridgeshire.
As a Planning and Asset Manager, you will:
- Manage circa 60,000 assets through the asset data system
- Be responsible for the effective implementation of planned & reactive maintenance programmes
- Develop short and long term plans for both the client and operational teams
- Produce and maintain monthly reports and invoices
- Contribute to and use the company's risk framework to identify and monitor the required outcome of potential risks and opportunities;
- Monitor and maintain the Management Information System in line with the project agreement
- Have good systems administration skills including database manipulation and report writing
- Have the ability to plan and schedule work
- Have good reporting, motivation, communication and influencing skills with experience of managing a team
- Have excellent knowledge management and analysis skills
- Business acumen with the ability to integrate as a key member of the leadership team
- Have excellent IT skills, excel in particular
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
The way we live our lives is changing fast: where and how we live, work, travel, shop, relax and socialise. The evolving nature of our society means we all need to shape our environment to meet a complex array of individual and collective needs.
Wherever investment in these environments is needed, Living Places works in partnership with Local Authorities to consult, finance, design, build and manage the essential place infrastructure that local communities and national economies need to prosper and grow.
We are right at the heart of a dynamic 'place shaping' agenda that brings Local Authorities, local communities, Central Government, and the Private Sector together to create safe, sustainable, flexible and dynamic public spaces geared to community social need, economic growth and personal well-being as well as being environmentally sustainable.
The provision of maintenance services for highways is only a small part of what is really needed. Our focus has moved beyond the 'road' to deliver the potential of the 'street': a dynamic public place that connects and combines local community and business needs, encourages social interaction and helps pedestrians, motorists, bus riders, and cyclists to coexist safely. Building great public spaces with resource efficient assets enables functional, flexible and inspirational places to be at the heart of the community.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
Apply for Planning and Asset Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly