Contract/Services Buyer - Construction
OPA is a Public Corporation sponsored by Secretary of State for Defence, through the MOD’s Departmental Sponsor. We are the MOD’s professional expert on bulk fuels storage and our current mission is to provide for the safe, efficient, economic and effective management of 6 Naval Oil Fuel Depots (OFDs) and 2 Petroleum Depots in Cheshire.
We currently have a vacancy for a Contracts/Services Buyer based at our offices in Gosport, Hampshire.
As part of the Procurement Team you will be involved in tendering processes to select and award contracts to suppliers for construction and other services for contractors required to work at our established sites in England and Scotland. These sites require a mix of refurbishment, upgrades and new builds in a COMAH upper tier environment in a safe and effective manner.
To be considered for this role you will ideally have experience in the procurement of construction materials/services/contracts and have a background within construction whether that be on site or office based. You will also have experience in dealing direct with contractors. You will be expected to have 3‐5 years’ purchasing experience and be looking to progress your career. Studying or working towards CIPS would be an advantage.
You will be expected to build strong credible and positive working relationships with established and potential new suppliers, effective IT skills are also essential to this role. A knowledge of NEC types of contracts and Public Sector procurement processes would be an advantage but are not essential. More important is the ability to be adaptable, collaborative and dynamic, yet methodical with good questioning and listening skills, which are a must to succeed in this role.
This post will be based at Gosport, although a significant amount of travel to our operational sites in both England and Scotland with some overnight stays will be required, therefore a full (preferably clean) driving licence is essential. You should also be comfortable with flying due to the distance between our English and Scottish sites.
The responsibilities include:
- To support the Quantity Surveyor assisting when required in “Pre‐Start” and “Project Review”.
- Conduct research to ascertain the best contractor to meet the supply requirement.
- Management of contractors.
- Identify potential suppliers of goods and services to be included in specific procurement tenders.
- Audit existing suppliers as part of a team.
- Prepare and manage contracts.
- Raise purchase orders, and progress chase where necessary for the delivery of goods and/or services.
- Maintain records relating to supplier performance.
- Resolve any quality issues within the supply base effectively.
- Provide information or approvals for the approval of invoices.
- Maintain and keep up to date contract files/databases.
- Assist in the scoping of tender documents and administering the tendering process.
- Contribute to the Evaluation of bids and making recommendations based on commercial and technical factors/criteria
We offer a competitive remuneration package, which includes 30 days holiday plus bank/public holidays, life assurance and excellent Defined Contribution pension scheme.
To Apply: Please send your CV and covering letter, which should give an indication of your salary expectations.
Interviews will be held on the 16th and 17th July 2018 in Gosport, Hampshire.
Apply for Contract/Services Buyer - Construction
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly