Quantity Surveyor (Civils)
Quantity Surveyor (Civils / Energy From Waste) Permanent North East £Compeitive salary
Your new company
We are seeking an experienced and commercially aware Quantity Surveyor to work for a large, well-established and respected main contractor. This organisation operates across a variety of sectors, however, the role that we're specifically looking to recruit into will be working across it's Civil Engineering and Energy from Waste projects.
Your new role
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing a full quantity surveying service to the contract, to which appointed. This will include: ensuring that the company achieves maximum financial return at the least commensurate with their entitlement; ensuring that cash flow from the contracts is maximised and ensuring that the the financial effects if all changes are agreed with the client and included in a timely manner in interim and final accounts.
Additional duties & responsibilities:
- To obtain and check sub-contract quotations.
- Arrange sub-contract letting meetings, evaluate decisions/agreements/risks in financial terms and advise and make recommendations.
- To prepare sub-contract order details
- To receive contract documents, warranties, check for conformity with tender documents.
- To prepare and submit and agree interim application for payment.
- Prepare monthly contract reports in accordance with company policy.
- To identify, record and evaluate variations
- To evaluate work carried out by sub-contractors and certify interim and final payments.
What you'll need to succeed
To succeed in this role the successful candidate will have a minimum of 2 years experience working as a quantity surveyor within the civil engineering industry.
Minimum qualification of HNC.
To demonstrate knowledge and understanding of contracts
To demonstrate the ability to use own initiative, but work as part of a busy team.
What you'll get in return
This company can offer competitive salaries and benefits packages as well as high-profile and interesting projects to work on.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.