Junior/Assistant Buyer - Specialist Civils Subcontractor - NW London
Junior/Assistant Buyer £30k NW London
The Client: The client is a specialist RC Frame and Ground work contractor. They are growing year on year and have significant plans for 2018 in terms of growth and turnover. They have been a leading subcontractor for the last 40 years in London and merit a lot of respect in the industry.
About the role: To carry out the procurement of materials on allocated projects via daily site requests and planned procurement schedules under the direction of the Senior Buyer.
- Undertake the procurement of materials requested direct from site via a Material Requisition Form.
- To attend tender kick-off meetings if required.
- To contact any suppliers who did not return prices during the tender period stating the project has now turned live.
- To send out enquires against schedules and analyse quotations received
- Place orders in line with the procurement scheduled dates.
- To liaise with accounts on invoice delivery ticket queries.
- Awareness of Environmental issues within the construction company environment and the Environmental Manual policy and objectives
About the benefits: You will have the opportunity to develop your procurement career, receive an excellent starting salary and the opportunity to work on large scale projects.