Design Assurance Lead
This will be a greatly rewarding post for a high calibre individual who is motivated, well organised, flexible, be able to work to tight deadlines and with experience of implementing change.
The Design Assurance Lead will manage a team of regional technical and design advisors providing advice to project teams on meeting ESFA standards and provide assurance that programmes are meeting their quality objectives.
This is a developing area of work and the responsibilities could change depending on the direction of the work in future:
- Set, agree and implement a comprehensive approach to ensuring technical and design quality for all ESFA programmes
- Provide advice to support ESFA programmes to meet their objectives, whilst ensuring overarching assurance of technical and design quality
- Ensure programmes have sufficient support to achieve technical and design quality by providing resources, guidance, tools and advice
- To ensure Quality is assessed alongside cost and programme parameters by supporting the gathering and assessment of an evidence base through Post Occupancy Evaluations and other research
- Proactively engage with the education and construction sector to drive up construction standards
- Role requirements (please include in the CV section how you meet the requirements below):
- One of the following is required:
- A relevant professional qualification to post-graduate degree level or equivalent (e.g. architecture, engineering, construction or relevant subject matter).
- Membership of a relevant construction professional body (e.g. Architects Registration Board, the Royal Institute of British Architects, the Institution of Civil Engineers, the Chartered Institute of Building, the Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers, Royal Institute for Chartered Surveying).
- The following are essential for the role:
- Proven experience of achieving and delivering design-related services through all stages of the design, procurement and construction processes: from strategic development, project feasibility stage, design development and construction, to completion and handover and buildings-in-use.
- Ability to engage with people (at all levels) on technical standards as well as design quality, with effective and informed communication within the context of the mechanisms used in central government, e.g. procurement frameworks, D&B contracts.
- Proven experience of liaising with other building & construction professionals e.g. planners, contractors, , procurement teams etc.
- Experience of delivering design quality, with an understanding of the broad range of criteria, including design standards, associated with the delivery of central government programmes.