Hays Construction & Property are working in partnership with Swift Brickwork Contractors Ltd who have an exciting opportunity for a motivated Brickwork Estimator, to join their well-established, industry leading team based in Chelmsford.
Swift Brickwork Contractors Ltd was established in 1992, its primary objective was to provide quality trade professionals to the construction industry throughout the UK. Since the companies formation it has experienced sustained growth and has a workforce in excess of 500. Over the years it has been instrumental in the development of some of the country’s best known landmarks and is respected for its faultless attention to detail and unmatched levels of customer service. With their highly skilled and professionally qualified management teams Swift Brickwork Contractors Ltd and its sister company Swift Scaffolding Ltd have established themselves as tried and tested suppliers to the construction industry.
As the Brickwork Estimator you will be responsible for preparing complete, accurate estimates in accordance with the contract conditions and requirements of the client / Swift general terms, to a stage ready for a final adjudication / discussion pre-submission. You must be able to work with minimal supervision and able to take tender preparation to a stage where adjudication is purely an overview of the proposed approach and pricing level. In order to be successful for this job you will have previous experience as a construction Estimator with masonry sector experience being very beneficial. Degree qualified candidates are desirable however this is not essential. You will be driven, motivated, have good industry knowledge, communication skills and strong attention to detail. You will be required to visit sites and attend meetings using a company vehicle so it is essential that you have a full driving licence.
In return Swift Brickwork Contractors Ltd are offering the following benefits:
- Fully expensed (work related) company car or £3,600 travel allowance
- Holiday Leave – 25 Days plus Public & Bank Holidays (note, holiday entitlement must be taken in the calendar year and 3/4 days held for the Christmas shutdown)
- Expenses – All work-related travel expenses incurred other than to and from normal place of work
- Health care - Upon completion of probation period - Non-contributory private health cover for you and your immediate family, Non-contributory life insurance equivalent to 3 times annual salary
- Death in service – Membership of the companies Death in Service benefit scheme that in an event of a claim will pay out 3 times your annual salary
- Training – The Company will organise all necessary training on IT systems and pay all related fees & travelling expenses
For more information about this exciting opportunity please visit hays.co.uk/jobs/swift or for an informal discussion please contact Darryl Hunt who is the retained consultant working in partnership with Swift Brickwork Contractors Ltd.