Sub Agent - BAM Nuttall - Midlands
Sub Agent - Midlands.
Required to work on our HS2 / Fusion Joint Venture as a Lead Design Field Engineer based from our project offices in Birmingham and Aylesbury.
Your key activities will include:
• Assisting the Fusion Engineering Manager in discharging delegated site based duties and responsibilities of the ‘Lead Designer'.
• Undertaking reviews as required of subcontractor technical submittals (including technical method statements, mix designs and other material approvals).
• Providing Field Engineering input to the RFI / NCR / FCR process and where required confirming the acceptability of the proposed solution on behalf of the Fusion Engineering department before onward submission to the Designer.
• Determining the need (with the Project Engineer) to engage design authority for interpretation or approval of design changes or non-conformances which constitute design changes.
• Providing input into engineering solutions / field sketches / specifications to resolve site based queries and coordinating resolution of issues with the Design Manager where required (and where it is not the responsibility of the subcontractor).
• Keeping the Fusion Engineering Manager informed of technical issues on site.
• Monitoring the adequacy of ‘Issued for Construction' design details being used on site and highlighting and inadequacies to the Design Manager.
• Undertaking inspections on behalf of the ‘Lead Designer' in accordance with the ITP's.
• Assisting the Quality department by providing technical support for any audit or surveillance of sub-contractor's quality records.
• Confirming on behalf of Fusion Engineering department, that red-lines or as-builts are representative of the physical works and agreed design changes.
• Confirming on behalf of Fusion Engineering department that defects and outstanding works lists are accurate.
• Confirming on behalf of the Fusion Engineering department that site works required to discharge Undertakings and Assurances have been undertaken as reported by the subcontractor.
• Ensure utilities works are completed in accordance with the relevant Lloyds Register accreditations.
• Co-ordinate with Utility Companies in the adoption of the diverted utility assets.
• Routine reporting of the technical compliance of works undertaken to date is in compliance with agreed methods of work, approved materials, and issued for construction design details.
Your qualifications and experience should include:
• Civil Engineering degree or equivalent and relevant work experience.
• Experience leading transportation projects, which require multiple-agency interaction.
BAM Nuttall is focused on providing the highest professional standards in the civil engineering market, with emphasis on building strong, honest and long lasting relationships with satisfied customers. We have established an unrivalled reputation for delivering complex and challenging civil engineering projects that have played a significant role in shaping the infrastructure of modern Britain.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.