Salary up to £65,000 + Car/Allowance + Incentives
I am working with a well established Main Contractor who has a rich history of delivering quality construction projects throughout the South East. This Contractor is well known in the country, and is now looking to add a Senior Estimator to their Pre-Construction team.
Based in Tonbridge, my client completes projects in the following sectors; Residential, Commercial, Education and Heritage. The values of said projects range from minor works of £100,000 to major projects of £15m.
You will be joining a well established Estimating team, and will report directly to their Pre-construction Director. Ideally you will have a minimum 8 years experience as an Estimator with a recognised Main Contractor, although industry experience in other sectors will of course be considered.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited too;
· Arrange site inspections
· Provide accurate budgets/cost plans
· Provide a detailed "take-off" and Bill of Quantities (BQ)
· Work on traditional Plan and Specification, Design and Build of Partnered Contracts
· Obtain competitive prices for materials and sub-contract packages
· Discuss the clients requirements for a pre-tender meeting with relevant departments, present and answer all questions regarding cost of works
· Participate in post-tender meetings with clients
· Prepare and lead the compilation of tenders
· Advise the Pre Construction Manager of any tendering difficulties that you are experiencing
· Prepare material in the agreed format for presentation to the Adjudication Panel
· Develop client and consultant relations and manage expectations
· Comply with estimating processes to ensure it complies with standing orders
· Work in conjunction with administration staff in preparation of the estimate
· Provide input to the handover process from estimating to contract
· Attend meetings with Client, Designers, Quantity Surveyors, etc where necessary
· An industry recognised qualification (HNC/HND)
· Qualified by Experience
· Minimum 5 years industry experience with a Main Contractor
If you are considering a move and would like to discuss this role or would like career advice then please call Thomas Chase at Interaction Construction on 02382 025 900 / 07885688292 or email: email@example.com