Building the present, creating the future
The TRU West Alliance is delivering a key part of the Transpennine Route Upgrade (TRU), a multi-billion pound investment programme that will increase capacity and provide space for millions more passengers in the north every year. The TRU West Alliance is responsible for this transformation between Leeds and Manchester Victoria.
We have exciting opportunities to join our dynamic team in Leeds or Manchester as Agents or Sub Agents working to support the development and construction phases of this £2bn scheme.
Your role will see you deliver on the the following responsibilities:
- Managing overall responsibility for delivery of sections of work safely and to time and budget.
- Setting a personal example in health safety and environmental matters through strong, visible leadership (including safety tours). Acting as a champion for all Alliance and supply chain employees. Actively supporting HSQE initiatives, both on the project and across business.
- Driving quality delivery through effective planning and right first time delivery.
- Maintaining a good working relationship within the Alliance Project Team and promoting the Values and behaviours both within the Alliance and with the supply chain.
- Maintaining a close working relationship with the Alliance procurement team to ensure compliant and advantageous procurement arrangements for the project.
- Establishing close working relationship with Works supervisory staff (Works Managers / General Foreman) to ensure the cost-effective management of labour and plant.
Who are we looking for?
Your qualifications, skills and experience should include:
- Successful management of a number of contracts.
- Thorough knowledge of government legislation.
- Working knowledge of construction techniques and contract law relevant to construction contracts. Able to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Completion of SMSTS.
- Preferable to have both earthworks and heavy structures experience.
- Experience working on Projects based on Collaborative forms of Contracts, desirable.
- Experience working on multi-disciplinary projects, desirable.
- Qualified / working towards Chartered Engineer status, desirable.
What's in it for you?
Attractive salary and benefits package, including company car / allowance; pension; private healthcare; life assurance; one volunteering day and two wellbeing days per year - in addition to 26 days holiday allowance.
Continued personal, professional, technical and leadership development.
Who are we?
BAM Nuttall is one of Royal BAM Group's ten operating companies. One of Europe's largest contractors, along with BAM Construct UK and BAM PPP in the UK, we offer safe and secure employment and opportunities for our people to develop exceptional skills and experience, and harness innovation to build sustainable infrastructure.
We work collaboratively, forming strong alliances with our customers, supply chain and industry. As a well-run profitable business, we aim to achieve a net positive impact on society and the planet. Our heritage lies in changing cities towns and communities for the better. Acting as a responsible employer and partner has shaped who we are.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality, and our employment practices support inclusivity and work-life balance, including flexible hours; accessibility support; investment in training and technology; fair opportunities.