Agent - Birmingham and Aylesbury.
As part of the Fusion joint venture working on HS2's central area contracts, we are in the process of delivering essential preparatory ground works to some 100km of the phase 1 route, before the commencement of major civil engineering activities.
Typical activities include; highway design and build schemes, demolition, ground remediation, advanced landscape planting and woodland habitat creation, watercourse activities, utility diversions, design and build of new ecological sites, site clearance and establishing site compounds.
In addition Fusion are also responsible for undertaking a wide range of intrusive and non-intrusive surveys ranging from environmental, ecology, soil and ground investigation, demolition and archaeology. The archaeological programme is expected to be the largest ever undertaken in the history of Britain.
Your key activities will include:
- Set personal example in health, safety and environmental matters by ensuring compliance with Company policies and procedures, and personal safety tours.
- Manage, supervise and mentor the project team as appropriate.
- Adopt, maintain and promote cost-conscious management through efficient use of all resources.
- Implement and promote the use of BIM technologies to deliver the requirements of the project BIM Execution Plan (BEP).
- Maintain good working relationship with RE staff and the supply chain.
- Encourage repeat business by adopting a professional attitude with clients and stakeholders.
- Establish, maintain and monitor an effective, programme based cost management system, to facilitate control with reliable QF preparation.
- Ensure realistic short, medium and contract programmes are prepared, reviewed and updated.
- Ensure method statements and risk assessments are prepared, briefed, reviewed and updated.
- Ensure all records for measurement and payment purposes are prepared promptly, in appropriate form.
- Ensure all necessary site based appointments are made with suitably trained and experienced staff.
- Use recorded weekly internal progress meetings to communicate with all levels of the team.
- Keep off-site line management apprised of potential problems and future work opportunities.
- Establish and maintain close working relationship with buying department to ensure compliant advantageous procurement terms.
- Take a personal interest in developing staff to their next level.
- Keep abreast of developments in professional field.
- Establish close working relationship with general foreman to ensure cost-effective use of labour and plant.
Your qualifications, skills and experience should include:
- Qualified to ICE Chartered level or equivalent (preferred).
- Successful management of a section of a major project, or acting as sub agent on a similar project.
- Working knowledge of construction techniques and contract law relevant to construction contracts.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Completion of SMSTS.
What do we offer?
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we provide continuing development opportunities within a creative and considerate work environment.
BAM Nuttall is one of Royal BAM Group's ten operating companies. One of Europe's largest contractors, along with BAM Construct UK and BAM PPP in the UK, we offer safe and secure employment and opportunities for our people to develop exceptional skills and experience, and harness innovation to build sustainable infrastructure.
We work collaboratively, forming strong alliances with our customers, supply chain and industry. As a well-run profitable business, we aim to achieve a net positive impact on society and the planet. Our heritage lies in changing cities towns and communities for the better. Acting as a responsible employer and partner has shaped who we are.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality, and our employment practices support inclusivity and work-life balance, including flexible hours; accessibility support; investment in training and technology; fair opportunities.