Agent - Leeds and Durham.
We are actively recruiting Agents to work on a number of exciting civil engineering projects throughout the North of England with current work in Leeds and Durham, and further targeted opportunities across all civils sectors in the North of England.
Your key activities will include:
- Set personal example in health, safety and environmental matters.
- Manage, supervise and mentor the project team.
- Promote cost-conscious management through efficient use of all resources.
- Implement and promote the use of BIM technologies.
- Establish an effective, programme based cost management system.
- Ensure realistic programmes are prepared, reviewed and updated.
- Ensure method statements and risk assessments are prepared, briefed, reviewed and updated.
- Ensure all records for measurement and payment purposes are prepared promptly, in appropriate form.
- Ensure all necessary site based appointments are made with suitably trained and experienced staff.
- Use recorded weekly internal progress meetings to communicate with all levels of the team.
- Keep off-site line management apprised of potential problems and future work opportunities.
- Work closely with the buying department to ensure compliant advantageous procurement terms.
- Take a personal interest in developing staff to their next level.
- Keep abreast of developments in professional field.
- Ensure cost-effective use of labour and plant.
Your qualifications, skills and experience should include:
- Qualified to ICE Chartered level or equivalent (preferred).
- Successful management of a project, or section of a project with the civil engineering sector.
- Thorough knowledge of relevant government legislation and contract law.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels.
What do we offer?
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we provide continuing development opportunities within a creative and considerate work environment.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.
BAM Nuttall is one of Royal BAM Group's ten operating companies. One of Europe's largest contractors, along with BAM Construct UK and BAM PPP in the UK, we offer safe and secure employment and opportunities for our people to develop exceptional skills and experience, and harness innovation to build sustainable infrastructure.
We work collaboratively, forming strong alliances with our customers, supply chain and industry. As a well-run profitable business, we aim to achieve a net positive impact on society and the planet. Our heritage lies in changing cities towns and communities for the better. Acting as a responsible employer and partner has shaped who we are.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality, and our employment practices support inclusivity and work-life balance, including flexible hours; accessibility support; investment in training and technology; fair opportunities.