Architect / Glasgow / Job / Vacancy
Your new company
The services of Hays have been retained by one of Glasgow's most successful architectural practices. They are looking to recruit either a newly qualified Architect, or an experienced project Architect to add to their team. With a steady pipeline of work, this is a fantastic opportunity for you to deliver some very rewarding projects.
Your new role
This role is suited to an architect who enjoys all aspects of the jobs, but whose strengths lie within running and delivering projects. You will run your own project from inception to completion and be expected to be comfortable at all stages throughout the RIBA plan of works. Initially, your work will involve being a part of the delivery an existing project, due to the ongoing work that our client is completing
Most of the work will be within the social and affordable housing sector. Therefore an understanding of this sector is essential,
You will have the opportunity to manage your own project and will also have the opportunity to lead your own team. This will give you a great opportunity to show what you are capable of from day one. In turn, this role will also offer you the chance to further develop your client facing skills, as you move into a more senior role within the business.
What you'll need to succeed
- Architect with 1-5 years experience.
- The ability to carry out the full range of professional services of a qualified Architect
- The ability to design / sketch / render / present / detail and deliver projects.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD is essential
- Residential experience is essential
- Be proactive in your work, and have the energy and desire to succeed.
- Take a hands on approach with your projects
- Take responsibility in managing younger members of staff.
- Be willing to get involved in the decision making process within the practice.
- Have the drive to push out high quality work.
- Have client facing experience, or the character to suit that kind of role.
What you'll get in return
This role is a requirement from one of the biggest names in the Glasgow architecture market. This practice will provide you with the chance to take more responsibility and become a project a running architect.This practice also features an impressive company culture that they are proud of.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. Hays: