Assessment and Assurance Manager
Considerate Constructors Scheme
Are you passionate about continual improvement and raising standards? – WE ARE!
The Considerate Constructors Scheme is an independent organisation that has been raising standards and building trust in the construction industry for over two decades. Construction sites, companies and suppliers voluntarily register with the Scheme and agree to abide by the Code of Considerate Practice, designed to encourage best practice beyond statutory requirements.
The construction industry is at a turning point with regulatory changes regarding building and environmental performance, new building safety regulatory framework, and labour shortages. Our mission is to support the industry through Raising Standards and Building Trust – helping it to “Build Back Better”. The Considerate Constructors Scheme (CCS) is currently working on a significant update of the Code of Considerate Practice and our approach to monitoring in recognition of the challenges the industry faces.
Our aim is to assist constructors achieve positive impacts for the communities in which they work, and for their workforce. The monitoring and reporting of performance we provide against our Code of Considerate Practice is an essential element of our offering and is highly valued by those we work with. We have recently deployed a new digital reporting tool creating more impactful reports and the ability for our customers to analyse data and identify meaningful improvement actions. We have a new, exciting and challenging role to assist us in continuing to improve the quality of our offering and ensure that our Monitors are adequately prepared to support the industry through a period of challenge and change. We undertake circa 7000 site monitoring visits annually, ensuring we deliver our services in a professional, timely and efficient manner is vital.
This is a customer facing role and you will need experience managing customer interactions, and a resilient nature. An element of this role will require the successful candidate to provide support in a shared services role to our independent sister organisations, Building a Safer Future Charter and the Code for Construction Product Information.
Key aspects of this role:
- The development and delivery of performance monitoring of assurance providers, delivering improved assurance consistency and reporting, improving customer satisfaction.
- Develop, deploy and maintain a Competency Matrix for assurance activities across CCS, undertaking a competency assessment and training needs analysis for all assurance staff, developing and delivering an improvement plan to improve consistency of assurance activity
- Coordination with On-boarding Manager to understand and manage resourcing requirements ensuring assurance SLA’s are met across CCS regarding the allocation of assurance activities, and on time delivery of visits and reports.
Profile of the successful candidate:
Success in this role will be measured by the quality and consistency of Monitor’s reports, customer feedback and the efficiency of site visit planning, and creating an effective shared service for assurance activities to our sister organisations.
You are likely to have a science or engineering background with extensive quality assurance and control experience in a customer centric environment, and have a proven track record of engaging and managing a large team and/or number of subcontractors. You will be calm under pressure, resilient and have the vision and focus to see difficult projects to completion, though flexible enough to recognise when a change of direction may be required.
A competitive compensation package is offered, which will be commensurate with skills and experience.
- Interviews to take place week commencing 27 September 2021
- Closing date: 18 September 2021
- Application process: Please click on the 'Apply' button below
- No agencies please
For information on the Considerate Constructors Scheme, please visit www.ccscheme.org.uk