2xAssistant and Senior Quantity Surveyor job, Sunderland, Northeast circa £25-£60k depending on exp+benefits
Your new company
A large construction is expanding into the Northeast. They require quantity Surveyor to initially work on a site in Sunderland for 18 months before moving to new sites around the Northeast. You will oversee the development of bungalows and low rise apartment buildings houses in timber frame construction with roads, sewers and external works.
What you'll need to succeed
You will have house building experience with at least 3 years post graduate experience and experience of either speculative house builders or contractors who can demonstrate experience of new build housing/low rise apartment blocks. You will be able to:
- Demonstrable record of delivering high volume housing schemes.
- Supply chain procurement and order placement in line with programme deadlines.
- Commercial management of supply chain on site including valuation and payment notices, managing variations, dispute resolution.
- Input of payment information into accounts system in line with company deadlines to ensure supply chain paid in a timely manner.
- Ensure all cost information is checked and validated, and all accruals are submitted to ensure accurate costs are presented to client for draw down of funding.
- Cost value reconciliation and forecasting final outturn of scheme to ensure budgets are fully managed and financial risk identified.
- Present CVR information at monthly meeting with Senior Management and Directors and resolve any actions instructed.
- Administration of bonus scheme for direct labour on site.
- Provide support to Company Estimator through cost information, support with tender send outs to assist in budgeting for new schemes.
What you'll get in return
- Salary - Negotiable based on qualifications and experience.
- Car Allowance
- Healthcare - for individual
- Bonus scheme
- Mobile phone
- Holidays 25 days per year plus statutory bank holidays
- Payment of annual membership fees for professionally qualified staff e.g. MCIOB, FCIOB, RICS
- Professional and Personal Development Training
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.