Hays Property and Surveying are seeking an Assistant Estates Project Manager to join the in-house estates team of leading organisation within the education sector based in Winchester.
The organisation are a large educational establishment with a significant estate and property portfolio. The in-house estates team are responsible for providing an effective estate management service including capital projects, maintenance, facilities and portfolio performance. Due to an on-going pipeline of work, the team now require a new Assistant Project Manager to join the business.
Your new role
As an Assistant Project Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing and supporting on a range of estate maintenance and capital projects, ranging in size and value. These will typically include refurbishments, minor improvements, planned maintenance, external works and larger new build schemes.Your role will see you undertake the role of the client representative, having responsibility for external project consultants and contractor teams.
Specific responsibilities may include;
- Project management of small to medium scale refurbishment and construction projects.
- Assisting the Project Managers and Head of Project and Estate Management in the delivery of larger and more complex projects.
- Preparing work specifications and tender documents.
- Undertaking contract administration, managing contractor payments and compiling progress reports.
- Procure contracts, manage project budgets and review contractor tender submissions.
- Compile and oversee external teams of consultants and contractors and represent the business at progress / site meetings.
What you'll need to succeed
In order to succeed with in the role as an Assistant Estates Project Manager, you will need;
- Experience in managing a range of small to medium scale construction projects.
- Good knowledge of construction processes and project management principles.
- Proficient in writing work specifications and tender documents.
- Strong levels of communication, both written and verbal.
- A construction related degree or equivalent experience.
- Desirably working towards a professional accreditation such as RICS / APM / CIOB.
What you need to do now
For more information regarding this, or any other opportunity, please contact our Southampton based Property and Surveying specialist Jamie Poll on 02382 020101.
£27000 - £33000 per annum + DOE
0115 959 8786