Assistant Mechanical Building Services Engineer £37,127 - £46,409 - Bedford - 21% pension - 44days holiday
Your new company
A higher education establishment based near Bedford are looking for an assistant mechanical engineer (building services) to join their facilities and estates team. You will be involved in the management of the organisations development and maintenance projects (HVAC) for a wide variety of building types.
Your new role
Working as part of the Engineering team this individual will provide technical support to the organisation's Mechanical Engineer\ Mechanical Engineering Manager. Responsible for overseeing the delivery of relevant projects, reviewing risk assessments and method statements and appointing and supervising approved contractors this individual will ensure work is of the required specification and is completed in accordance with the relevant compliance measures. In addition they will provide guidance and support to colleagues on all mechanical services and installations as required.
The duties of the post holder will also involve ensuring key contractors deliver the agreed service levels and in a compliant manner as well as investigating faults and breakdowns, surveying condition and developing proposals for repairs and improvements programmes via reports for the Engineer to review. Once approved and the funding is obtained, the Assistant Mechanical Engineer will be responsible, under the supervision of the Mechanical (Building Services) Engineer, for the detailed implementation of the works. This will involve making arrangements for consultants and contractors to visit. He/she will accompany the consultants and contractors during visits, provide technical support during their visit, review designs, inspect works and lead the handover process at the end of construction.
What you'll need to succeed
- To be successful in this post you must have a HNC/D or NVQ (level 4) in a relevant subject area - Mechanical Engineering / Building Services
- Good knowledge of mechanical services / HVAC
- Suitable trade based qualifications with extensive proven experience in a similar role ideally from a complex organisation.
- Experience with project management / surveying / mechanical design
- Excellent knowledge of Health and Safety Legislation
- Able to use Microsoft office. Design software such as Hevacomp or Autocad would be beneficial
What you'll get in return
- £37,127 - £46,409
- 37.5hours a week
- 44 days holiday
- Employer contributions of 21%
- Annual Incremental Salary increase
- Reward and Recognition Scheme
- Access to\Support for a full range of training + development
- Use of onsite facilities such as the gym
- Flexible working
For more information, please call Ben Fox on 0116 253 8097