Hays Property and Surveying are seeking an Assistant Project Manager to join a leading multi-disciplinary construction consultancy in Bristol.
The company are part of a wider business group that provide infrastructure and asset management services to organisations within the public and not-for-profit sectors. This particular role will see you working within the group's construction consultancy and project management arm, that consists of a team of built environment professionals responsible for delivering a variety of PFI projects.
Your new role
Working within the Construction Project Management team, you will be responsible for assisting and delivering on a range of life-cycle refurbishment and capital build projects. Reporting to the Senior Project Manager, you will work on schemes scaling from £5k - £8M in value on behalf of a portfolio of clients, such as schools, hospitals and the MOD.
Specific responsibilities may include;
- Assist in the delivery of life-cycle refurbishment and capital build projects.
- Co-ordinate and prepare project plans, tender information and survey reports.
- Undertake feasibility studies, contract administration and prepare progress reports.
- Procure and produce various forms of contract documentation such as JCT, D&B and Framework etc.
- Attend site meetings and engage with relevant stakeholders.
What you'll need to succeed
In order to succeed within the role, you will need;
- A relevant degree in Construction Project Management or Building Surveying
- Ideally some practical experience of working with a construction consultancy or client side environment
- Desirably be working toward chartered status such as MRICS, MAPM, MCIOB
- Strong literacy, numeracy communication skills
- Highly levels of self-motivation, assertiveness and ability to work under pressure
- UK driving licence essential
What you need to do now
For more information regarding this, or any other opportunity, please contact our Southampton based Property and Surveying specialist Jamie Poll on 02382 020101.