Building the present, creating the future
Assisting the Risk Analysts and Risk Manager on the Transpire Alliance, this role would suit a person who is interested in variability and uncertainty and what may cause this in the complex project environment. The role can accommodate someone who is new to the construction sector or who would like to switch to a career in risk management as it is a developmental role. You will provide support activities such as organising, attending and writing up the outputs of project risk workshops whist learning using a controlled approach to facilitate and lead risk activities.
The role is based on the Transpire Alliance project with our main office being in the Manchester Piccadilly area with other offices existing in Leeds and York. Travelling between the three locations will be necessary therefore you could be based in Manchester, Leeds or York. Public transport links are good, with train stations being within walking distance.
The project is expected to complete during 2025 after which you would become part of the BAM Nuttall Risk Team on another project.
Key activities will include:
- Support the delivery of project risk management services as directed by the Project Risk Manager and designated Risk Analyst.
- Organise, attend and write up the outputs of project risk workshops.
- Support the updating of the projects risk register and identify areas for improvement - advising the Project Risk Manager and Risk Analyst as appropriate.
- Support the Project Risk Team in undertaking quantitative risk analyses.
- On-the-job learning about project risk management, wider project controls and project management.
Your qualifications, skills and experience should include:
- Working with and/or leading a group of people to achieve an objective.
- Numeric affinity including data processing and analysis experience and strong qualifications in STEM subjects.
- Good communication skills with an ability to translate complex data into useful information including good report writing skills.
- Knowledge of the UK Infrastructure / Construction sector.
- Ability to manage your activities to work within agreed timescales in a challenging, delivery focussed environment.
- Knowledge of the UK Rail Sector desirable.
- Knowledge of risk management systems and tools such as Active Risk Manager, Oracle Primavera Risk Analysis and @RISK desirable.
- General understanding and wider experience of projects and business.
What do we offer?
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we provide continuing development opportunities within a creative and considerate work environment.
BAM Nuttall is one of Royal BAM Group's ten operating companies. One of Europe's largest contractors, along with BAM Construct UK and BAM PPP in the UK, we offer safe and secure employment and opportunities for our people to develop exceptional skills and experience, and harness innovation to build sustainable infrastructure.
We work collaboratively, forming strong alliances with our customers, supply chain and industry. As a well-run profitable business, we aim to achieve a net positive impact on society and the planet. Our heritage lies in changing cities towns and communities for the better. Acting as a responsible employer and partner has shaped who we are.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality, and our employment practices support inclusivity and work-life balance, including flexible hours; accessibility support; investment in training and technology; fair opportunities.