Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Assistant Quantity Surveyor - Hinckley - 6 months
Our client in the gas industry requires an Assistant Quantity Surveyor with experience of working on transactional based roles in the utilities or construction industry to join their team based in Hinckley on a 6-month contract.
- This role will involve volume driven and low value projects. It will also be transactional based. This role will best suit junior level candidates.
- Assessing the scope and nature of additional or one-off work or variations producing metrics which reflect the scale of work
- Supporting negotiations or discussions with partners to achieve optimal price
- Carrying out cost reporting which delivers comprehensive information on partner performance.
- Gaining support for cost control and ensure the importance of unit cost control is fully understood.
- Providing and forecasting cost measures and targets for partner activities
- Facilitating/providing approval of costs for variations, diversions or non-standard connections
- Ensuring that the variations to budget are identified, reported and addressed/rectified
- Producing cost and value reports in order to demonstrate that partner costs are effectively controlled, and value enhanced
- Investigating and audit partner activities when required in order to provide assurance and demonstrate that regulatory reporting is underpinned by effective cost control.
- Ensuring that cost control activities are based on information/data of the required quality and that audit trails of the required level of definition are available.
- Developing KPIs and a contractual framework for partners
- Degree or equivalent in a commercial discipline and relevant commercial/contract experience or equivalent level of experience.
- Post-degree experience within a regulated industry or Partner arrangement
- Knowledge of unit cost principles and methodologies
- QS experience or training.
- Cost modelling skills
- Knowledge of cost benchmarking and its application
- Auditing skills
- Understanding of key commercial, regulatory and economic drivers
- Ability to interpret and analyse financial information
- NEC Contract experience
If this role is of interest to you, please apply at the first instance.