Assistant Site Manager required for Lincoln, start urgently - 2 month contract
Are you looking for a temporary position?
Do you have experience as a Site Manager?
Would you be interested in an interim role based in Lincoln?
Assistant Site Manager Required Temporary Contract for 2 Months
Competitive Hourly Rate
Closing date for sending your CV is Friday 28th February 2020
Hays are representing one of the largest British based construction companies based here in the heart of Lincoln. They currently have a need for an Assistant Site Manager to join their team for a couple of months.
Reporting to the Site Manager. Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Assisting with managing and administering the construction works in accordance with the contract.
- Assisting with the implementation of the SHE Basics, Training and Competence, Risk Assessment for every task, Induction for every worker, Safe System of Work and Point of Work Risk Assessment are embedded for all works.
- Assisting with the implementation of the Construction Phase Plan including ensuring compliance with the requirements (eg. site inductions and site rules).
- Assisting with ensuring that a robust construction programme is prepared, monitored and maintained.
- Assisting with the management and control of all site operations including monitoring the progress of site operations and taking appropriate action (including identifying relevant instructions) to avoid over-run.
- Assist with organising regular meetings with the contractor to review progress and programme.
- Assisting with the recording of work carried out.
- Checking compliance with the relevant Quality Plans, Method Statements, Risk Assessments and Inspection and Test Plans.
- Assisting with identifying changes to the works and assist the site manager to ensure they are properly communicated including the issue of instructions to the contractor.
- Understanding roles and responsibilities within the site team.
- Assisting with ensuring temporary works are installed in accordance with the approved design details.
- Assisting with ensuring appropriate inspection, sampling and testing is carried out to verify compliance. Carrying out quality checks and witnessing and reporting of any non-conformances.
Individual / Person Requirements: Essential:
- SMSTS (5 Day CITB Site Manager's Safety Training Scheme) or progressing towards it.
- Experienced in the successful delivery of construction projects to tight time and budget constraints.
- Good working knowledge of construction programming.
- Good working knowledge of risk management.
- Problem solving skills.
- Commercial awareness.
- Conversant with the Microsoft Office suite of programs.
- Commitment and adaptability.
- Drive and determination.
- Positive attitude to the delivery of schemes through collaborative working in a partnering environment.
- First Aid Certificate.
- Fire Safety Co-ordinator/Marshal Certificate.
If you would like further information on this position, please do not hesitate to contact Saffronn Bourke 01522 313 302 or email
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.