Emerging and progressive design studio in Hampshire with a number of awards under its belt is looking for an architect at associate level to head up a variety of education projects. Widely published for their contemporary designs across public, civic, housing and mixed use, this practice are beginning to carve a name for itself within higher education too and you will be working closely with the director at the forefront of this, including winning work and driving design and delivery.
- Day-to-day management and coordination of an in-house team of up to 12 designers.
- Working closely with the director on bids, successfully bringing in new commissions.
- Managing key client relationships.
- Developing management procedures and best ways of working across the practice including mentoring juniors.
- Driving design philosophy, practice values, and company's profile, specifically within the Higher Education sector.
Skills and Experience
- Part III-qualified architect with significant higher education experience in the UK.
- From a design-focused background with a creative and pragmatic approach to overcoming challenges.
- Experience in successfully managing and coordinating an internal design team on projects from early stages through technical design and construction completion.
- Strong desire to nurture relationships with team members, external consultants and high-profile clients.
- An effective and passionate communicator with the ability to inspire success in others.
This exciting opportunity would suit an established senior with a strong higher education background, looking to step into a key role as part of an emerging office based in Hampshire to raise their profile. If this sounds like you and you are looking to escape the London rush, shorten your commute or relocate, then get in touch.
50000-60000 per annum