Band 4 Laundry Production instructor, HMP Leyhill, Full time, ongoing temporary
Your new company
HMP Leyhill is a category D male prison based in wotton-under-edge, South Gloucestershire. This prison is minimum security with the capacity of 524 prisoners.
Your new role
As a band 4 production instructor you will be responsible for overseeing a small group of prisoners within the Laundry workshop.
Main duties include:
- Actively contribute to prisoner reports, parole and sentence planning, ACCT and SIR's by providing information to case managers
- Supervise and maintain discipline of prisoners within workshop/area of work, responsible for performance, motivation, discipline, appraisal and development of prisoners
-Maintain regular communications via radio net in accordance with Local Security Strategy (LSS) Open and complete Assessment Care in Custody and Teamwork (ACCT) forms, Violence Reduction Incident Reports (VRIR) and Security Information Reports (SIRs) when required and contribute to Incentive Earned Privileges (IEP) reports
- Open and complete Assessment Care in Custody and Teamwork (ACCT) forms, Violence Reduction Incident Reports (VRIR) and Security Information Reports (SIRs) when required and contribute to Incentive Earned Privileges (IEP) reports
- Log attendance, approve prisoner hours worked and wages including recording piece work where appropriate
- Carry out fabric and tool checks of workshops and maintain security of areas, logging any tool/equipment faults
- Contribute to Health and Safety risk assessments relating to the workshop/work of area and specialist areas
- Participate in self-audit and in achieving Service Delivery Indicators (SDIs)
- Complete administration activities to support the smooth running of the workshop and source small value requisitions
- Understand, apply and conform to national and local polices
- Establish, develop and maintain professional relationships with prisoners and staff
Maintain and update systems in line with local agreements Attend and contribute to relevant meetings as required
This role is monday to Friday, full time and ongoing temporary.
What you'll need to succeed
Experience of working within the laundry industry, and experience of working with necessary machinery, although qualifications are not required they are beneficial. The ideal person will need to be security conscious and aware of their surroundings, because of the environment you are going into.
What you'll get in return
A competitive rate of pay and the possibility of long term work.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.