Building a sustainable tomorrow
BAM is recruiting a Bid Manager to join the National Frameworks team. The position will involve a mixture of working from home, on site and working out of a regional office. The role of the Frameworks Team is to bid and manage Frameworks for customers such as for the Department for Education, the Department of Health and Social Care and Crown Commercial Services and to support Regional Construction Teams in bidding Regional Frameworks and call off projects.
Clear communication skills and the ability to produce winning bids are important capabilities in this role.
• Manage all aspects of Framework pre-tender preparation, SQ, ITT, clarifications and contract execution to a high standard.
• Develop and manage the bid plan, including: bid programme/responsibility matrix, all trackers, reminders, resource schedule and bid governance.
• Lead PQQs/SQs, writing submission documents, co-ordinating technical elements, managing consultant input and carrying out the bid review process. Manage the flow of Client Information, the clarification process, including the distribution of the clarification log and managing the internal actions
• Lead bid preparation and strategy workshops.
• Brief external bid consultants when required.
• Develop market intelligence and bid strategies that exceed customer expectations.
• Manage the flow of bid information through a Framework specific Mailbox including all messages and calendar invitations. All attachments and any technical bid content to be saved and electronically filed on the central Framework System.
• Ensure all meetings are formalised, recorded and actions followed up, including chairing weekly progress calls.
• Manage the bid review process.
• Ensure submissions and project documents are compliant, high quality and delivered on time. Where required, work with the graphics team to produce high quality images and graphics to improve the presentation of documents. Manage the presentation of the submission and issue to the client.
• Ensure a 'best practice' and consistent approach to the management and production of tenders.
• Conduct bid reviews and corrective actions and escalate any tender risks and performance issues to the New Business Director to agree a management plan.
• Contribute to inductions and support new team members.
• When required, work with regional teams to secure positions on local regional frameworks and call off projects
• Prepare and present Governance Papers for Tender Settlement and the Stage Gate System.
• Lead lessons learnt exercises following each bid and ensure these are documented.
• Maintain the standard documents library to support bids, project documents, presentations, marketing materials and project data sheets.
• Develop Framework networks and positively promote BAM Framework profile and maintain excellent relationships with BAM teams, Clients, Framework partners and other key stakeholders.
• Work with the New Business Director and in collaboration with the business to develop best practice.
• Support the development of and positive team ethos within the Frameworks Team.
Who are we looking for?
• Experience of producing winning National Framework Bids as a Bid Manager
• The ability to draft and review bid proposals
• A positive and supportive approach to bidding
• Clear communication skills
What's in it for you?
A challenging and continuously changing environment in a forward thinking organisation. In addition to an attractive salary and benefits package, we support further personal growth and development.
BAM operates a flexible working policy.What's in it for you?
Your work environment
People are at the heart of what we do at BAM. We recognise that creating a diverse and inclusive environment that nurtures our employees and encourages them to bring their best and whole self to work is crucial. We're on an exciting journey to get us there by recruiting the very best talent to join us regardless of race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or other characteristics.
Be you! Join us today, so we can achieve amazing things together and build a sustainable tomorrow.
Who are we?
We construct, refurbish, extend and repurpose buildings from our network of offices across England, Scotland and Wales.
We undertake award winning projects for the public and private sector.
We use the latest digital technologies and modern methods of construction, to help us to deliver projects in a lean, green and more efficient way.