BIM Coordinator / Glasgow Architecture
Your new company
Our client is seeking a well-rounded architect or technician to serve as a BIM Coordinator for the practice. The particulars of the job will be to specialise in design led projects, refurbishment & new build, commercial, retail, healthcare & luxury residential complexes. The primary responsibility of the BIM Coordinato will be to oversee the implementation and roll out of the current BIM Revit software across all sectors within the business. BIM is already being used within the practice, where some staff members already have years of usage on the software on live projects under their belt. The BIM Manager will be required to oversee these staff in their development, and assist with the quality of the Revit models being produced, in addition to promoting the efficient/effective use of BIM on all projects.
Your new role
As BIM Technician / Coordinator, you will assume the same responsibilities as an Architect or an Architectural Technologist would.
You will work below a BIM Manager, and have all the assistance and software you need to perform in the role.
You will get to work on all of your projects from BIM Level 2 and beyond.
This role is truly focused at digital construction and would be a fantastic role for any BIM enthusiast.
Getting involved daily on the management of different models across a range of different sectors.
What you'll need to succeed
- Be an Architectural Technologist or ARB Qualified Architect
- Have experience at working to BIM Level 2 as a minimum.
- Have passion to work in a multidisciplinary environment collaborating with Engineers
- Help run BIM planning sessions and assisting project teams in properly set up their models to comply with office standards and best practice.
- Reviewing project Revit models at key milestones for consistency with company standards, level of development, and efficient modelling practices
- Maintaining the existing BIM standards, templates, and family development
- Troubleshooting model issues and supporting project teams with their AutoCAD and Revit questions
- Planning and executing beginner, intermediate, and advanced Revit and other Design Applications training courses for employees
- Planning and executing continuing education for advances in BIM technology
- Coordinating Autodesk software updates with Information Technology
What you'll get in return
- Very competitive salary in line with market rates
- A chance to work for an award winning practice in the heart of Glasgow
- Involvement in the design process or projects
- Involvement in the development of junior technicians
- A lot of autonomy, where they will be responsible for staff
- A chance to work on projects across a wide variety of sectors
- A chance to Implement your own in house training scheme
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.