I've just taken on a fantastic opportunity for a Design Studio Technician to work with a well established planning consultancy in the heart of Essex. It's a permanent position with a salary up to £28.000 pa depending on experience.
The ideal candidate will one-two years’ experience in the built environment of architecture background, working in relevant sectors (residential, commercial, industrial ). You will be part of a small team, reporting to the Senior Design Technician. You will have the opportunity to work closely with our Planning Consultant Team and Planning Support Team to further you knowledge on the industry.
You’ll manage a large workload predominantly associated with the submission of planning applications. This can require anything from minor adjustments to comprehensive site and building redesigns within various sectors.
- High competence with AutoCAD:
- Creating existing and proposed floor plans, elevations and sections accurately;
- Ability to use OS or topographical data to incorporate with the CAD drawing
- To be able to use templates and comply with corporate standard operating procedures;
Google SketchUp/3D modelling to create 3D rendered versions of the CAD drawings and create mass and density 3D model
- Understanding of UK building regulations, construction methods, materials and the national space standards;
- To ensure design proposals conform to the latest building regulations and technical standards;
As the position is mainly site based, you’ll need to have driving licence and access to a vehicle.
Beside the competitive salary, the company offers an attractive holiday package, flexible working hours and a pension scheme. It's an urgent position so if you'd like to discuss further please don't delay and get in touch now!
For more information email an up to date CV and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0117 420 0019 to discuss. To see more opportunities in the architectural field then visit our website, www.mustardjobs.co.uk.