Part-time - Caretaker/ General Maintenance Position in Cambridge
Your new company
Your new role will be a fixed term contract for the length of 12 months. this is a part time role of 17.5 hours per week. This being made up of Wednesday 1.30pm to 4.30pm, Thursday 8.30am to 4.30pm and Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm.
Your new role
A few of your duties will include the following:
- To carry out cleaning, landscaping, clearance, gardening and general maintenance works to communal areas in accordance with an written and/or verbal specification.
- Work with other caretakers, housing services officer, contractors and office staff in the management schemes.
- To provide relief cover on sites as and when requested.
- To provide a service that promotes the welfare of the residents
- Ensure that issues concerning residents and the sites in general are reported to the appropriate person, but that the principles of confidentially are adhered to at all times.
- To maintain and update the list of tools and equipment at each a located scheme
What you'll need to succeed
In order to be successful in gaining the role you will:
- Deliver values-driven service to your internal and external customers, by seeking to understand fully your customers needs and always doing what you say you will
- You will have knowledge of cleaning, gardening and general maintenance
- Previous experience in a customer facing role
- Be able to work on your own initiative
- Good time management skills
- Good interpersonal and customer service skills
- You will work well in a team
- Ideally, you will have a multi trade and/or good trade experienced of working in a housing environment
- Hold a full clean driving licence
- An enhanced DBS is required
What you'll get in return
In return you will be receiving a competitive salary of £19,000.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.