Contracts & Commercial Director - £55,000 - £75,000
Your new company
A dominant force in their sector, this company is a highly successful organisation who have experienced consistent year on year growth based in Worksop, and are offering a significant career opportunity for a candidate with the right mix of operational experience and leadership capability.
Your new role
Your new role will lead the division and will take responsibility for all commercial and contractual matters for the company. Reporting directly into the Managing Director, the key objectives of the role are as follows;
- Commercially manage the Installation business.
- Commercially manage the trade supply business
- Negotiation of terms and conditions for installation contracts, including credit and cash-flow.
- Risk management.
- Cost installation projects. Track and manage installation projects. Ensure cost overruns are recovered via variations.
- Manage the estimation and installation departments.
- Represent the business in customer meetings.
- Setting trade supply only pricing policy.
- Support the sales team
- Supervision of all Installation personnel.
- Responsible for QA and HSE of the Installation dept.
- Ensuring contract dates are met, applications are made in a timely manner, and retentions are collected.
- Selection and management of subcontractors.
- Assessment and management of risk.
- Ensuring accurate and timely surveys are completed
- Analysis of completed jobs including profitability
- Writing work instructions, standard operating procedures, risk analysis
- Approval of timesheets and expenses.
- Recruitment and performance management of staff.
What you'll need to succeed
To succeed in this role you will need you will ideally have experience in a similar role as well as a high level of initiative, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build long lasting relationships. Furthermore, skills are qualities to be successful:
- Seasoned professional in managing construction industry contracts.
- Business Acumen.
- Ability to understand and negotiate contracts
- Proven experience in selection and management of subcontractors.
- People management experience
- Experience in QA and HSE
- Presence and customer handing skills.
What you'll get in return
In return you will get a very competitive salary + other benefits and the chance to further your career with a reputable and growing organisation. You will get 25 days holiday plus statutory.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
£55000.00 - £75000.00 per annum
0114 276 0536