At BAM FM customer service is at the heart of what we do.
BAM FM are recruiting a Commercial Manager to join the Western region. This role will be based from our Bristol office, however there will be a requirement to travel across the South West. There is the option for flexible working between the regional offices and occasionally from home as and when required.
The Commercial Manager is responsible for the provision of exemplary commercial management of the Contract; developing, maintaining and controlling commercial processes in line with BAM FM management systems and procedures in conjunction with the Finance and wider Operational Teams.
Oversee the Contract to ensure contractual reporting obligations to ensure contractual compliance. Strive to develop and secure opportunities and mitigate risks. Enforcement of the commercial framework in order to measure and guide contract performance, ensuring business processes and practice are conducted in accordance with BAM FM policies and in a way which protects and enhances the performance, professionalism, reputation and image of the company.
About the role
• Deliver the commercial management function across all contracts and clearly communicate the obligations and liabilities contained within them to all key colleagues within the FM team
• Take a key role in the management of contractual claims / disputes with clients and other third-parties
• Rebutting unfounded contractual claims
• Manage existing contracts, reviewing and completing contract amendments and liaising with clients
• Manage all commercial procedures including cost value reports, supply chain processes, procurement and controls are in place to ensure compliance with BAM FM procedures
• Develop plans for expansion and business development
• Manage the strategic risk, acting to acquire new customers and manage client relationships
• Ensure the FM budgets are managed and controlled in strict accordance with the contract and achieve savings where possible.
• Ensure all services and facilities are available within the contract specifications to the most cost effective and efficient manner
• Responsibility for the implementation of Health and Safety, quality, environmental system requirements ensuring compliance with all legislation and BAM FM policy and procedures
• Management and development of the FM team to successfully achieve company, team and individual goals and objectives to achieve and exceed the service delivery requirements
• Create and maintain effective individual and team working relationships with the FM team and the client and their representatives
• Understand existing customer relationships and their requirements to ensure they are being met
Who are we looking for?
• Qualification in either Law, Surveying (Building/Quantity), or the Built Environment (FM, Land)
• Understanding and practical application of base UK law applicable to Commercial (Construction Act etc).
• Successful work experience as a Commercial Manager
• Solid financial experience with an ability to analyse complex data and documentation with accuracy including performance reporting.
• Knowledge of financial/ budgeting processes is an advantage but not essential
• Experience of working with PFI contracts is an advantage although not essential
• Excellent commercial awareness coupled with a strategic mind-set
• Competent knowledge of IT packages
• Excellent organisational, presentation and interpersonal skills
• Excellent people management skills
• Ability to understand and work to the BAM values
What do we offer?
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we provide continuing learning and development opportunities within a creative and considerate work environment.
Who are we?
BAM FM has been delivering bespoke support services throughout the UK for 18 years. Employing over 900 staff, we deliver digital integrated facilities management with excellent customer service across the education, healthcare, retail and commercial property sectors. BAM FM has an annual turnover of £50 million and operates across England, Scotland and Wales, and is part of BAM Construct UK, a leading construction and property services business.
If you share BAMs value of doing what you say you will, to the best of your ability, every time, we want to hear from you.
We are committed to attracting and developing a diverse workforce that reflects our customer base and the communities in which we operate, creating an environment that enables everyone to fulfil their potential.