PO5/PO6: £44,539 to £49,590 pa
Department of Corporate Resources
Estates & Property
Industrial Services Group
The Code of Practice on the English language requirement for public sector workers, Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016, requires that Councils ensure that all candidates applying for customer facing posts must be assessed in order to establish their fluency in English.
The criteria under special knowledge and experience on the job profile which is shown in this advert, outlines what level of fluency you will be expected to demonstrate. Therefore, it is essential that you provide examples in your application.
To lead, and be responsible for the management (people, material and resources) of a highly specialised growing commercial window and door manufacturing and installation service within the Built Environment, currently comprising circa 45 employees with a commercial turnover in excess of £2.5m per year, and a collective supplier spend in excess of £1.5m.
The post-holder will lead and direct a multi-functional management team to develop and deliver a high profile service, with a significant range of key outcomes and targets, with a primary purpose of providing training and employment opportunities for Bradford residents who are disabled and long term unemployed but with the additional requirement for the business to be financially self-sufficient within targets set by the ISG steering board.
To develop and deliver the current growth strategy of the business, whilst ensuring a tight control over the finances of the business. The position is integral to support and drive the costing and pricing methodology and ensure processes are in place to make sure each contract, project or order attracts an appropriate contribution toward the profitability of the business.
The post-holder will have full responsibility over the costing and commercial pricing decisions, many of which are business critical, complex and require a high degree of business acumen and analytical skills.
To oversee and ensure that multiple contracts are delivered in strict accordance with quality and performance requirements, ensuring that all Key Performance Indicators are met. The post-holder will have overall responsibility for the management of all contracts from order receipt to completion, ensuring that our commercial and social objectives are met, whilst always protecting ISG’s commercial interests and ensuring compliance to relevant legislation at all times.
Manage all aspects of management of the contracts section, including health and safety, arranging deliveries, managing installation resources, and co-ordinating other relevant trades such as scaffolding, sealing and ventilation. Ensure all works are progressed to satisfy the relevant quality and installation standards. Ensure that all sub-contract works costs are properly managed and are within budgeted amounts for each job.
The ideal candidate:
- Will have five years’ experience of directly interacting and working with senior customer representatives including construction directors, site managers and quantity surveyors within construction main contractors, and middle/senior managers working in housing associations.
- A background in the procedural or legal aspects of contract law or in quantity surveying would be advantageous.
- Past experience of managing a multi-functional team effectively to deliver customer outcomes is an essential requirement.
- Five years’ experience of performing similar duties, ideally to include factory management and health and safety within the construction sector, with direct window and door sector experience preferred.
- Three years’ demonstrable experience of managing the financial aspects of contracts, such as quotations, bills of quantities, unit pricing, variations and managing applications for payment. Additional hands-on experience of managing, monitoring and reporting of spend against budgets would be an advantage.
- Three years’ experience of managing managerial, technical, and/or skilled trades people in a commercial environment, for example section managers, contract managers, works officers, surveyors, joiners, installers.
- A highly organised individual capable of ensuring effective contract management processes are implemented ensuring the interests of the business are protected.
- Numerate and literate, with HNC/HND or equivalent in a relevant subject.
- Experience in site-based health and safety management would be an advantage; the ideal candidate would hold a current SMSTS certificate.
- First class communication and people skills are essential – you will be able to easily connect with and engage customers and colleagues alike using your approachable and consultative approach to people.
- Full driving licence is essential for this post as driving a Council car or van will be required as part of the post.
For further information regarding the post please contact Darren Shaw - General Manager - email@example.com
Please note only complete applications made through the Bradford Council jobs portal can be accepted.
An enhanced disclosure check with the Disclosure and Barring Service will be undertaken for this post.
Closing Date: 31st May 2023