Our client is recruiting for a Commercial Surveyor to head up multiple refurbishment projects on a business wide level. This will be a home based role with travel subsidised.
The client is a leading affordable housing provider in the UK who own and manage 40,000 to 50,000 units in the UK.
Our client has a portfolio of Private Retirement Leasehold developments, in which a large number have apartments for a live in scheme manager. This function is now being switched to day visiting due to working time directive and also a more functional job role. This leaves empty units which can then be refurbished and turned into new private retirement leasehold.
This role will therefore focus on realising this monetary opportunity whilst also seeking additional profit from refurbishment of other void stock opportunities.
Key responsibilities will involve:
* Scope out refurbishment works appropriate for each property as they become available
* Follow and enhance existing refurbishment specification
* Arrange tender exercise to ensure best price and quality achieved
* Instruct and oversee works to completion
* Liaise with Commercial Manager through out process to ensure target market reached and property then handed over for sale / interim rental
* Liaise with all affected teams to ensure clear communication around strategic plan and ensure coordinated activities to ensure business continuity.
* Direct and liaise with external professionals associated with project activity as necessary
* Oversee and ensure Group Health and Safety standards and compliance standards achieved through out refurbishment process.
* Field based role with touch down in local offices as required
* Employ and manage admin assistant person to support refurbishment program
The Commercial Surveyor will possess extensive property maintenance and refurbishment knowledge alongside the following:
* Extensive knowledge of relevant legislation e.g. Landlord & Tenant Act, RICS Code etc.)
* Strong experience of budget management, financial control and delivering cost efficiency
* Commercial acumen and negotiation experience
* Ability to inspect properties and provide accurate specifications.
* Ability to assess quotations for minor works for value for money and make recommendations for appointment of contractors.
* Practical attitude with ability to make decisions on best approach from a technical perspective.
* Excellent communication skills-written and verbal presentation of information
* Flexible approach to travel and working hours to accommodate resident meetings and out of hours rota
* Experience of managing people in a fast-paced, customer-focussed environment
Competitive salary and benefits.
+44 115 948 6497