Communications and Marketing Executive - Sevenoaks.
Create exceptional communications
We're looking for a passionate and professional Communications and Marketing Executive, to support our Rail South engineering delivery team. You'll have experience developing clear, creative and compelling plans, supporting business strategy and operational teams, to successfully implement campaigns and change communications. You're looking for an opportunity to join a business that aims to make a positive impact, for people and the planet, while we create sustainable environments that enhance people's lives.
About the role
Our Rail South team, is delivering a number of improvement projects for Network Rail, to increase capacity, reliability and comfort for passengers. Based across a number of operational sites, and engineering hubs, teams need communications that helps them achieve success in their roles and deliver exceptional infrastructure. This role is critical in helping our people, customers and our partners, understand our business and our performance, so we can deliver predicable results and innovative solutions.
Supporting BAM's safety, health and wellbeing campaigns; our digital capability and our sustainable initiatives; project progress and news; celebrating award wins; shining the spotlight on our people; community, education and career initiatives. These are just a taste of the variety and opportunities to be creative and innovative, showcase flair - making the right impact, at the right time, with the right audiences.
Reporting to the Framework Engineering, Assurance and Collaboration Lead, you'll be an agile worker, working across offices in Edenbridge, Kent (moving soon to the Sevenoaks area) and Network Rail's London office, Southwark, with regular travel to sites across the South East. Collaborative working is key to our approach, and we work alongside customers and our supply chain partners.
You'll also work closely with: BAM Nuttall's Communications team, and wider communications and marketing network, who support a diverse range of projects and BAM's business initiatives: and our Business Development team, writers and graphic design.
You'll have plenty of opportunities to develop your communication, business and leadership skills, and build professional and social experiences to grow your career with BAM. Infrastructure and engineering is a changing industry, adopting new technology, driving sustainability and improving diversity. If you have a desire to make a difference, take a closer look at us.
- Develop and implement Rail South Communications Plan; aligning with Rail and BAM's strategy, values and priorities
- Adopt Network Rail and BAM identity guidelines and messaging
- Adapt and continuously improve communications and plans - use audience feedback and analytics
- Develop regular daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly cycle of communications, including local team channels e.g. team monthly newsletter, sharing news and celebrating success
- Collaborate proactively with colleagues across the Rail division and BAM, including Communications and Business Development teams, building trusted relationships.
- Collaborate proactively with local colleagues to generate engaging content e.g. news, polls, questions and feature stories, for Corporate and local internal and external channels, including intranet, website and social media.
- Support BAM internal and external marketing and communications campaigns.
Who are we looking for?
Our ideal candidate:
- Experience of: developing Communication Plans for internal and external audiences; corporate and local digital and print channels; supporting Marketing campaigns; project planning.
- Openly collaborates - is a team player with good business acumen; enjoys sharing knowledge to continuously improve.
- Driven by an instinct to put your audience first - experience of targeting segmented audiences.
- Takes proactive ownership to get details right, is organised; meets deadlines; strong time management - delivers a predicable performance.
- Keen to get out and about to meet people, picking up the 'word on the street' and scooping the most read story of the month!
- Crisp and clear writing style; accurate content; attention to detail - a journalistic instinct.
- Agility and the ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Creative and innovative approach to problem solving.
- Data savvy and analytical.
- Committed to their own and the team's continuous learning and development e.g. mentoring.
- Knowledge of or a demonstrable interest in construction or rail market, would be desirable.
Your key skills, qualifications and experience should include:
- Degree or equivalent.
- Previous experience in a marketing and communications role (min 5 years).
- Strategic thinker and experience of developing communication plans and campaigns.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent digital skills; knowledge of social media channels; Office 365 applications including SharePoint; corporate systems.
- Experience with InDesign and Adobe Creative Suite preferable or willingness to learn.
What do we offer?
What do we offer?
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package including a company car or allowance, we provide continuing learning and development opportunities within a creative and considerate work environment. You will have two wellbeing days, in addition to annual leave, to take care of yourself and one volunteering day a year to participate in an activity that helps others.
If you share our values of collaborating openly, to achieve success and deliver a predictable performance; take proactive ownership, and scale learnings - sharing your knowledge to improve - we want to hear from you!
We're committed to attracting and developing a diverse workforce that reflects our customer base and the communities in which we operate, creating an environment that enables everyone to fulfil their potential.
Who we are
BAM Nuttall, is one of ten European operating companies in the Royal BAM Group, aiming to create sustainable environments that enhance people's lives.
Using civil engineering, construction and property expertise, of over 20,000 globally, we're building the present and creating the future. We're involved in significant infrastructure projects, with clients and partners, that connect communities, support economic growth and impact society. Internationally, we're working with customers across continents, from Europe, to Australia, Africa and the Antarctic.
Reducing the impact of infrastructure on the planet, during construction and when in use, by driving innovation, is at the heart of our business. We have an ambition to achieve a positive impact on the planet by 2050, continuously improving how we affect the environment, resources and people.
Our Rail Division, in BAM Nuttall, has achieved an outstanding reputation, supporting the transport sector, to improve the performance and capacity of roads and rail and the experience of UK passengers. We've won awards for our engineering expertise and our approach to working collaboratively, digitally and sustainably including Ordsall Chord railway line, Borders Railway and London's Victoria station development.
Our BAM Values - Proactive Ownership, Open Collaboration, Scalable Learning and Predictable Performance.