Construction Manager - Facades
Laing O'Rourke is currently recruiting for a Façade Construction Manager to work on >£200m signature architecture scheme in central Oxford. This will involve the management of all elements of façade, roof and feature atrium/dome with total package value greater than £20m.
You will be directly responsible for management and delivery of safety, programme and quality aspects, reporting directly into the Project Leader.
Oxford Humanities is the largest Passive House certified construction project in the country with high focus on technical and architectural excellence.
The new building will bring nine faculties and institutes and seven libraries and collections into one home, with sustainable, flexible, accessible spaces for graduate postgrad and post doc learning, research and experimentation. Performance and public engagement space forms a key element of the project, with a 500-seat concert hall designed with world-leading acoustic capability, a 250-seat theatre and a film screening area. It will form the centrepiece of the Radcliffe Observatory Quarter (ROQ), and will be surrounded by inviting landscaped space, connecting the wider community throughout.
A Facade construction manager with a proven track record in successful delivery of façade work packages on major projects.
- Planning and coordination of external envelope packages, including coordination with interfacing works packages
- Management of Specialist Sub-contractors and Supply Chain partners.
- Logistics management and coordination
- Monitor and control procurement and off-site manufacturing activities
- Ensuring all health and safety requirements are maintained
- Ensuring all quality and environmental requirements are maintained
- Compliance with Laing O'Rourke Minimum Requirements (LMRs)
- Regular review and inspection of subcontract works to ensure technical compliance
- Chairing regular work package progress meetings
- Production of regular reports to senior management on performance, progress and programme
- Management and development of Façade Works Package Managers
Qualifications / Experience
- Eng or BSc Degree, or NVQ 6, or higher (Construction Management)
- Chartered Institute of Building (MCIOB) or higher, or Society of Façade Engineering (MSFE) or higher
- CWCT Managing the Cladding Package course
- CWCT Curtain walling design and construction course
- CWCT Built up walls: Construction and specification course
- IOSH and Supervisor training.
- Experience of various forms of contract
- 8 years of experience (ideal)
Laing O'Rourke are an international engineering and construction company delivering state-of-the-art infrastructure and buildings projects for clients in the UK, Middle East and Australia.
Certainty, reliability, quality - this is what our clients want. And at Laing O'Rourke, we have more than 150 years of experience delivering it. Laing O'Rourke's story is one of energy, passion, ambition, people and teamwork. We harness the power of our experience, stretching back over a century and a half to deliver certainty for our clients.
As part of the Disability Confident scheme, we would like to enable access to candidates with long term health conditions and disabilities through the 'Offer an interview scheme'. This supports applicants that meet the essential criteria by offering an interview for the advertised position. Please let us know prior to interview what adjustments are required as well as discussing how we can support you in the workplace.
We want to ensure our recruitment process is accessible to all. If you need the application form in an alternative format or you would like to know more about our recruitment process, please email