Building the present, creating the future
At BAM FM customer service is at the heart of what we do.
BAM FM is recruiting a Contract Manager to join the team based in Stepps, Glasgow. You will be required to cover contracts across the Scotland region.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will be required to work closely with clients, subcontractors and colleagues, exercising excellent team working skills and building positive relationships.
The Contract Manager is required to manage and co-ordinate all FM activities within the contract to ensure a cost effective, client focused service. Working in collaboration with the client to ensure that the service delivery exceeds the agreed levels of service quality and supports the core client activities ensuring compliance with all legislative and BAM FM policy and procedures.
The Contract Manager will interface on a regular basis with the client, suppliers and team, with the key objective of ensuring customer satisfaction through the delivery of exemplary facilities services and ensuring contractual obligations are met while maintaining controls on spend and budget control.
• Management and development of the Operational team to successfully achieve company, team and individual goals and objectives to achieve and exceed the service delivery requirements.
• Management of all M&E sub-contractors on site ensuring works are completed to the required standard while adopting safe working practices.
• Create and maintain effective individual and team working relationships with the operational team, internal teams, the client and their representatives.
• Manage the recruitment and allocation of resources to ensure the requirements of the contract are met.
• Assist in the negotiation and placing of contract orders by following the company's buying policy in a professional, cost effective and efficient manner.
• Develop and maintain excellent customer relationships at all levels
• Deliver a first class facilities management service looking at ways to maximise performance and turnover
• Develop and monitor the service delivery plans in conjunction with contract teams, and client units
• Establish, monitor and supplement resource levels to comply with contract requirements.
• Facilitate the development of robust 'risk management' processes and procedures
• Produce client performance reports against contractual and strategic performance indicators.
• Lead on the implementation of policies on health & safety (H&S), quality assurance (QA) and environment in conjunction with corporate support teams.
• Ensure defined H&S responsibilities and accountability are established and regular reviews are undertaken
• Review of supply chain partners to meet service needs, liaising with the supply chain when performance issues are identified.
• Explore alternative procurement methods to improve service delivery
• Management of services in accordance with contract specification, using best practice commercial and industry practices.
• Manage and develop all mechanical and electrical services, plant and associated installations to ensure that they comply with current legislation and to be responsible for the statutory testing, inspection and record keeping.
• Responsibility for the implementation of Health and Safety, quality, environmental system requirements ensuring compliance with all legislation and BAM FM policy and procedures.
Who are we looking for?
• Minimum 2 years' experience as a Contract Manager in Hard and Soft Services
• Member of the British Institute of Facilities Management (BIFM)
• Relevant qualifications in mechanical and electrical disciplines to HNC level
• Experience of Health & Safety management (IOSH or NEBOSH desirable).
• Competent knowledge of IT packages (Knowledge of Concept desirable)
• Excellent organisational, presentation, communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Excellent people management skills
• Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland)Act 2007 (PVG) in relation to this type of work is applicable for children
• CRB check may be required
• Ability to understand and work to the BAM values
What's in it for you?
A challenging and continuously changing environment in a forward thinking organisation. In addition to an attractive salary and benefits package, we support further personal growth and development.
BAM operates a flexible working policy.
Who are we?
BAM has been delivering Facilities Management (FM) services to customers throughout the UK for almost 20 years. We directly employ over 900 staff across the UK, delivering bespoke support services to our customers in the education, healthcare, retail and commercial sectors.
People are at the heart of what we do at BAM. We recognise that creating a diverse and inclusive environment that nurtures our employees and encourages them to bring their best and whole self to work is crucial. We're on an exciting journey to get us there by recruiting the very best talent to join us regardless of race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or other characteristics.
Be you! Join us today, so we can achieve amazing things together and build a sustainable tomorrow.