Experienced Contracts Supervisor immediately required to oversee maintenance contract based in Winchester
Your new company
Working for an organisation that provides Facilities and Maintenance Services to Local Authority clients.
Your new role
As a Contracts Supervisor managing a team of skilled trades operatives you will be responsible for ensuring work is carried out to the required standard in line with contract requirements.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Be accountable for the jobs you manage, supporting the resource controller and help desk when required.
- Scope and survey large works, tender works, SRI's providing cost estimates in terms of time, materials, plant, program of works, risk assessments and method statements .
- Recruit and induct new operatives
- Understand tool box talk topics and deliver confidently
- Ensure that Health and Safety is adhered to and reinforce the importance to the team
- Carry out employee investigations where required
- Carry out accident/ incident, and near miss investigations, ensuring these are completed in a professional and timely manner.
- Review work schedules and ensure that SLA's are maintained
- Ensure that you develop a good working relationship with the client
What you'll need to succeed
The successful candidate will have background of working in a building maintenance environment across multiple trades. They will also have experience of managing a team of trades operatives responsible for undertaking fabric maintenance tasks. Managing the delivery of maintenance and repairs and planned works.
The successful candidate must have a full UK driving license.
What you'll get in return
Pay is between £36,000 - £38,000 per year depending on experience.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.