We’re looking for a Contracts Manager on behalf of a quality driven residential developer to take responsibility for the delivery of all site related construction projects and related activities ensuring the quality of production. You’ll be dealing with a wide range of people, from fellow construction professionals to customers, so first-rate communication skills and a flexible approach are both absolutely essential. Sitting at the very heart of the build process, your exacting standards and inspirational leadership style will influence the overall success of the developments.
The successful Candidate will be responsible for sites located in Dorset and Hampshire.
- Day to day operating responsibility for all activities relating to the timely and cost-effective execution of all site related construction projects.
- Delivery of the Master Site Programme through which all projects are scheduled.
- Formulates, monitors and reviews departmental budgets and facilitates the production of management reports on productivity, progress and performance of all construction related projects using defined Company- wide systems, procedures and processes.
- Quality control on all construction projects in accordance with the Consistent Approach to Quality and Finishes Document and the Customer Ready Certificate and Handover Procedure Manual.
- Responsibility for the management of onsite health & safety by ensuring that the Company’s Health & Safety Policy is adhered to at all times.
- Determine staff requirements and lead and motivate staff according to Company Policy and Procedures with responsibility for their supervision, technical training and personal development, assisting with work progress where necessary.
- Complete twice yearly Performance Development Reviews for all direct reporting staff and set goals and objectives founded on the Company’s Strategic Business Plan and in line with the Company’s Core Values and expected Behaviours defined for line managers.
- Review performance information, monitor and measure productivity and progress levels and facilitate the preparation and analysis of reports.
- Strive to continually improve themselves, their work, their Department and the Business.
- Be accountable for personal development through the PDR process seeking out opportunities to learn new skills.
- Take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions at work.
- Undertakes other duties and responsibilities as specified by the Line Manager which are commensurate with the level of the post and to work as part of a mutually supportive Construction Department.
The successful applicant must have a stable career history working in the house building industry, a sound knowledge of construction processes, design stages, construction legislation, all relative to New Housing.