Building the present, creating the future
Our role of Design Delivery Manager on the SMD Framework requires the management of multiple projects in parallel. You will manage the design interfaces between the designer, the site team and the different departments of Network Rail, and be responsible for ensuring constructability, adherence to design programme and budget, and compliance with Network Rail requirements and processes. This is a Framework role of which we are at the start (5-8 years).
Your key activities will include:
- Manage the interface between the designer and project team to produce appropriate engineering solutions and construction methodologies that meet employer requirements.
- Monitor design delivery progress against agreed programmes.
- Identify and mitigate where possible, and report design change, providing assessments of time and cost effects.
- Review of the emerging designs, ensuring compliance and compatibility with project requirements.
- Actively investigate emerging new techniques and technologies in design management.
- Manage design and delivery to inform and deliver the project BIM requirements.
- Record and distribute design meeting notes.
- Ensure design registers are maintained for queries, actions and design change.
The location of work will be partially from our Sundridge office (near Sevenoaks) and partially from our Network Rail shared offices near London Waterloo East (10 minutes' walk). The role requires site visits, meetings at Network Rail offices and designer offices. Generally you won't spend all week sitting at the same desk, but will have to be flexible in location to interface with the design and site teams.
The offices at Sundridge are open-plan, modern and set up to encourage team working. Easily accessed by car, however there will be a minibus to provide transfers to Sevenoaks station which is the nearest Network Rail station, 5 minutes' drive away.
The Rail business unit is split into disciplines of Earthworks, Buildings (Stations and Footbridges) and Structures. We are looking for design management staff for Buildings and Structures, but would also be interested in applications from those with previous Earthworks experience.
Previous Network Rail project experience is certainly an advantage, as would be prior experience of the design office.
What do we offer?
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we provide continuing development opportunities within a creative and considerate work environment.
The division is very open to flexible or part time working and there are significant opportunities to develop. The role could progress to that of CEM (Contractors Engineering Manager), with the ability to manage large multi-disciplinary projects, taking parallel responsibility for progressing the design and compliance with Network Rail's standards and requirements.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.
BAM Nuttall is focused on providing the highest professional standards in the civil engineering market, with emphasis on building strong, honest and long lasting relationships with satisfied customers. We have established an unrivalled reputation for delivering complex and challenging civil engineering projects that have played a significant role in shaping the infrastructure of modern Britain.