Director of Construction & Development
Our client is seeking a dynamic and seasoned Construction and Development Director for their London based operations. This senior-level Construction Director will support the VP of Development with all aspects of real estate development including financial analyses, design, entitlement, government approvals, development, and construction. The Director will be responsible for interfacing with the real estate team, brokers, equity partners, construction partners and institutional partners.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Perform financial analysis and due diligence for new development opportunities, assisting in underwriting and cash flow analysis, and responding to Requests for Qualifications or Proposals.
• Monitors contractors’ work for compliance with schedule, budget, quality, safety, and overall conformance with the contract documents
• Research and analyses: benchmark economic activity in target markets by tracking rents, sales comparables, operating costs, competitive supply and economic expansion activity.
• Assist in preparing business plans, including deal memorandums, financial forecasts and strategic plans. Research potential sites by physically observing and visiting to better understand the market.
• Attend leadership meetings, visit jobsites, and prepare required reports for ownership.
• Assist in coordinating construction draws forecasting project budgets and cash flows and managing project deliverables.
• Review vendor and contractor proposals, negotiate agreements, maintain vendor and contractor relationships, and process invoices.
• Assist in management of all aspects of bringing a project from concept to completion, including:
o Feasibility studies (site planning coordination)
o LOI negotiations
o Predevelopment budgeting
o Development timelines
o Site due diligence
o Title coordination
o Legal structuring and requirements
o Architectural program coordination
o Consultant contracts
o Hard costs pricing coordination with preconstruction
o Design development (building, ID, site and offsite)
o Retail / office work letters (for mixed use projects)
o GMP coordination with construction
o Soft costs budget, contracts and forecast management
o Prime contract change management
o Project closeout checklist
o Have a strong attention to detail displayed in all work product
o Help identify new potential sites in identified key markets
• Review basic legal documents, including but not limited to letters of intent, purchase and sale agreements, leases, joint venture agreements and closing documents
• Represent the WC Bradley Co and its values.
• Willingness to work weekends and extended hours, including overnight travel.
• Other duties as deemed necessary.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree in real estate or business-related field a plus.
Minimum Work Experience: 13+ years of experience in real estate development and/or construction management.
License(s) / Certification(s): None
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Must possess excellent problem solving, customer service, and organizational skills.
• Effective Communicator – emails, phone and face to face.
• Must pay very close attention to details.
• Must be proficient in MS products, including Word, Excel, etc. Able to utilize Outlook for calendar maintenance and contacting management.
• High level of ethics and integrity.
• Positive attitude, ability to work within team to ensure success.
• Strong work ethic and ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to handle confidential data.
• Ability to multitask during busy periods.
• Strong knowledge of the real estate industry.
• Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance.
• Ability to work in a constant state of alertness.