Director of Corporate Centre Services
Location: Whitehaven (Cumbria) or Warrington (Cheshire) with willingness to travel regularly throughout the UK.
The Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) is a non-departmental public body created to clean up the UK’s earliest nuclear safety sites safely, securely and cost-effectively, with care for people and the environment.
The work to clean up the UK’s nuclear legacy is the largest, most important environmental restoration project in Europe.
The NDA is undergoing a change in the way it is organised. The creation of ‘One NDA’ will transform the management of its businesses – working together to find more effective and efficient approaches to nuclear clean-up and decommissioning, on behalf of the tax-payer.
There are around 16,000 people who help deliver NDA’s mission and they make up one of the most advanced nuclear workforces in the world. One NDA plans to capitalise on this wealth of experience and talent, harnessing the opportunities that come from the scale and breadth of the group.
At this exciting and challenging time, the NDA is seeking to appoint a Director of Corporate Centre Services, who will report directly to the Group Director of Security & Corporate Services and will support the CEO and Executive Team to ensure that the Corporate Centre operates effectively and efficiently to deliver our mission and make it a great place to work.
As a senior leadership role within the NDA, the role will require regular interaction with senior stakeholders such as the NDA Board, NDA Executive, NDA Group Executives, Government departments and regulatory organisations.
- Lead the Corporate Centre Project Management Office (PMO), assisting in the development of group project management competencies and implementing effective frameworks, policies, processes and procedures for projects led by the NDA Corporate Centre.
- Leading Corporate Centre special projects as required by the NDA Executive.
- Ensure effective CEO office operations, delivering the highest standards of governance, stakeholder management and the application of best practice.
- Develop the Quality Management System (QMS) in the Corporate Centre, ensuring best practice governance, policies, processes and procedures are in place to drive operations.
- Leading the delivery of Business Support Services (BSS), providing personal assistant and administrative support to the Corporate Centre functions.
- Lead the Facilities Management (FM) Services for Corporate Centre buildings and infrastructure, ensuring it is a great place to work and prioritising investment.
- Deputise for the Group Director of Security & Corporate Services.
The NDA is very keen to discuss this opportunity with individuals who have demonstrated personal achievement at Director Level in public or private sector organisations. You will have gained significant experience of strategic leadership project management, facilities management, business support services and quality management functions in a large complex matrix organisation.
The NDA values the unique differences that each of our colleagues bring to work every day and is committed to creating an environment where everyone feels respected, included and able to perform at their best.
To discuss this role in confidence or request a Candidate Brief, please contact Laurence Wolahan T 020 7259 8743 or M 07764 902 591 of Hays Executive. The Candidate Brief as well as full information of the appointment process can be viewed on www.hays.co.uk/jobs/OneNDA
To apply, please upload your resume and covering letter, stating why you are the ideal candidate for the position of Director of Corporate Centre Services at the NDA. Please also include details of current remuneration package.
Closing date for applications:17th November 2019
NDA first interviews:5th December 2019
NDA second interviews:TBC – December 2019
Please note: The above dates maybe subject to change
£ Commensurate with experience