Building a sustainable tomorrow
A Divisional Preconstruction Manager is required to be the focal point for, and provide strategic management to the bidding function across the Southern England and Wales (SEW) Business Division of BAM Nuttall (Civils). The individual will also be leading a coherent and consistent approach to delivering the Operational Plan, whilst ensuring corporate governance at all stages of preconstruction activities. The location is currently flexible working with ability to cover the Southern England and Wales region as required - current office locations could be Magor, Camberley, Shipdham or Godstone.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
• Direct and lead the BAM Nuttall Southern England and Wales Division's preconstruction activities
• Member of Divisional Senior Leadership Team - supporting and driving divisional strategy beyond preconstruction:
- Lead monthly Divisional Strategic Preconstruction meeting
- Contribute to Operational Plan and Quarterly Forecasts
- Contribute to briefings, newsletters etc. as required
- Liaise with support departments in pursuance of Divisional Operational Plan
• Identify and manage the opportunity pipeline for the Division, ensuring pursuit of focused opportunities through selectivity
• Support the Strategic Account approach in the Division and pre-positioning activities
• Ensure compliance with CRM/One BAM system is maintained
• Manage and be responsible for bid governance from identification of opportunities through to successful award, and ensure handover to delivery teams
• Lead conversations and build relationships with potential clients, JV and supply chain partners for the best value outcomes
Who are we looking for?
The following are mandatory requirements:
• Ability to develop work winning strategies that support the BAM Strategic Plan
• Strong knowledge of the UK Construction market
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to bring teams together and work effectively
• Strong commercial / contractual awareness
• Strong promotion of BAM, and strong persuasion and marketing skills
The following are desirable requirements:
• Degree, HND in Civil Engineering or NVQ or equivalent level / experience
• Successful experience in civil engineering delivery functions to senior management level (operating at BAM Competency Framework level 4 and above)
• Bid Management training / qualification (Shipley / APMP or equivalent)
• Professionally qualified to Chartered Engineer or equivalent level / experience
What's in it for you?
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes company car/allowance, matched pension contributions, private healthcare, 26 days holiday, 2 wellbeing days and 1 volunteering day. In addition to an attractive salary and benefits package, we support further personal growth and development.
Who are we?
People are at the heart of what we do at BAM. We recognise that creating a diverse and inclusive environment that nurtures our employees and encourages them to bring their best and whole self to work is crucial. We're on an exciting journey to get us there by recruiting the very best talent to join us regardless of race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or other characteristics.
Be you! Join us today, so we can achieve amazing things together and build a sustainable tomorrow.