Building the future, creating the present
BAM within the British Antarctic Survey (BAS) Construction Partnership, have a large portfolio of work to deliver the upgrade to the British Antarctic Survey's infrastructure in the UK and overseas, as part of their Antarctic Infrastructure Modernisation Plan.
There is an opportunity for an individual to join the team to provide document control management, assistance in quality assurance and support the control of the receipt and recording of the delivery of equipment. The role will be based in the Cambridge office of BAS.
Reporting directly to the Project Managers, your key activities will include:
- Responsible for document control for the projects within the common data environment (project wise) and external files as necessary.
- Responsible for ensuring the management for the issue, receipt and control of all documentation is in accordance with BAM procedures and Partnership specific standards. This includes the handling, filing and distribution of quality, design, logistics and other project related documentation, competing registers and trackers where required.
- Working alongside the Office Manager, Quality Manager, and Logistics and Delivery managers, you will assist in fulfilling their responsibilities as necessary to facilitate project success.
- Some mentoring and training of staff in areas related to document control and use of project systems (ProjectWise, Autodesk 360Field) as necessary.
- Any other activity as required by Project Director and Project Managers.
Your skills and experience should include:
- Conversant with Project Wise, BIM, 360 field.
- Working within a team environment on several concurrent ongoing projects.
- Capable of receiving instructions from multiple managers and proactive in identifying new solutions and also developing and improving existing solutions to the benefit of the team.
- Capable of collaborative working behaviours in a dynamic team.
- Awareness of the requirements of stakeholder management and customer relations.
- Familiar with ISO90001 and BIM PAS 1192.
What do we offer?
This role is advertised as full time but we would also welcome applicants seeking part-time employment - (Tues - Thurs).
There may be a requirement to occasionally visit disparate site and supply chain locations within the UK and Europe.
Generous salary with competitive benefits package.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.
BAM Nuttall is focused on providing the highest professional standards in the civil engineering market, with emphasis on building strong, honest and long lasting relationships with satisfied customers. We have established an unrivalled reputation for delivering complex and challenging civil engineering projects that have played a significant role in shaping the infrastructure of modern Britain.