Electrical Contracts Manager / Bid Manager - £40,000 - 45,000 + Car - Perm - Electrical Contractor
Your new company
An Electrical Building Services Contractor who offer a traditional build and Design & Build service to clients across the UK. They turnover circa £3million each year.
Their core business is working with medium to large building contractors and working in public, commercial, retail and the education sector. Due to continued success and plans for expansion an opportunity has become available for a Contracts Manager / Bid Manager to join their team.
They require an individual who is capable of running projects from tendering stage through to final handover. You must be confident with construction contract and have excellent commercial acumen.
Your new role
The role will require you to estimate the electrical element of tenders to establish a consistent flow of work. Managing the entire bidding process, so that the company can achieve sustainable a growth and development of project value of £100,000 - £700,000.
You principally be dealing with medium to larger building contractors to secure work within the public, commercial, retail and education sectors. You will be loading data into Cypher estimation package. You will be working directly with clients on a regular basis and be able to maintain and develop meaningful work relationships with the companies.
You will be responsible for managing the project through to completion, with responsibility for health and safety, delegating work/assigning labour, procurement of materials, testing and inspection and final client handover.
What you'll need to succeed
- At least 5 years experience in a Contracts Manager role
- Estimating and design experience essential
- Able to deliver electrical services projects from initial concept to final handover
- Business / commercial acumen
- Good knowledge of construction contracts
- Client facing
- Experience deliver projects with values up to £1million
- Be able to manage your own workload and work well under pressure.
- Proficient in MS Office, word and excel, and other related computer programs
- Strong communication skills both written and oral
What you'll get in return
- £40,0000 - 50,000
- Company Car / Car Allowance
- 22 days holiday + bank holidays
- Pension contribution
- Flexible working
- Laptop and mobile phone provided
What you need to do now
For more information please call Ben Fox on 0116 253 8097 or click and apply
£35000.00 - £50000.00 per annum