Electrical Maintenance Manager - 3 month rolling contract - Northamptonshire based - £20 to £25 p/h
Your new company
Hays are working in partnership with a Local Authority based in Northamptonshire who require an Electrical Maintenance Manager to join their team.
The main purpose of the role is to be responsible for the day-to-day operational supervision of the Repairs and Maintenance Team, providing technical support to deliver a high quality and cost effective repairs and maintenance function.
Your new role
- Monitoring contractor performance on site.
- The role will be predominantly site based.
- Survey /Work in progress/ Post inspection.
- Agreeing and approving valuations and certificates.
- Dealing with residents- customer care.
- People management with all the usual supervisory responsibilities.
- Ensure effective procedures for maintaining statutory compliance are adhered to.
- Maintain effective (QA) procedures to monitor the quality of work and rectify mistakes promptly.
- Ensure effective and efficient contract management in the Service area.
What you'll need to succeed
- 2382 / 18th Edition
- Electrical technical qualifications, accreditation's, and/or work-based experience allowing for the supervision of electricians.
- A broad knowledge of construction or an understanding of property maintenance
- Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation as it applies to Direct Labour Organisations and landlords
- Experience of working with customers in high volume environments with the ability to manage a demanding workload.
- Practical supervisory experience of frontline teams including tradespersons, office, and technical staff
- Willingness to undertake flexible working arrangements to meet work programme requirements
What you'll get in return
Competitive rates ranging from £20 to £25 per hour (PAYE rate slightly lower). A personal Hays consultant offering advice and guidance during your placement. Refer a Friend scheme - £250 in vouchers as a thank you. Opportunities to work for the only recruitment agency endorsed by the CIBSE.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV. For more information please contact James Jarvis on 0116 2538097.