Electrician Job Horsham
Mountjoy Ltd has been awarded a contract to provide Reactive Maintenance and PPM to buildings in the Horsham area. The Contract for Horsham District Council encompasses 156 properties of which 65 are temporary housing. The remaining properties consist of offices, commercial buildings, libraries, museums, parks, car parks, public toilets etc. We are seeking a conscientious and enthusiastic Electrical Technician for this contract. Applicants must have relevant qualifications (City & Guilds / BTEC National Diploma / NVQ 3 or equivalent in a relevant Electrical discipline) and broad commercial experience with additional experience and capability to complete tasks outside their core competency. The operative must maintain a professional appearance and attitude and be polite and courteous at all times. It is a further requirement that all operatives must pass a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Our aim is to maintain high client satisfaction through delivery of maintenance and repairs services ensuring a controlled and safe environment whilst working effectively and in a timely manner and balancing constantly changing priorities. This attention to detail and ensuring that we conclude our work, with the right first-time approach in order to maximise and enhance our reputation with our client, is paramount to the success of the contract.
- Carry out Planned and Reactive Maintenance tasks including PAT, Fixed Electrical Testing, Emergency Lighting testing and Fire Alarm Testing
- Involvement in maintenance of UPS, Generators and servicing including load tests
- To undertake electrical repairs and maintenance to appropriate IEE standards as directed
- Diagnose and rectify faults within core capability.
- To ensure that the quality of work meets the highest possible standards at all times
- Support all trades to deliver a professional and safe maintenance and repairs service
- Respond swiftly to all emergency situations and resolve them efficiently
- Keep the customer up to date with progress and plans
- Undertake all work efficiently and cost effectively, minimising non-productive time wherever
- possible and reporting any difficulties encountered to the Resource Controller and /or Foreman
- Apply applicable Health & Safety rules in all you do, using risk assessments, method statements and PPE when needed
- Maintain tools, plant and equipment in a safe, clean and workable condition
- Maintain accurate records of works undertaken with photographic evidence as necessary
- Ask your Contract Manager / Foreman for assistance when required
- Be willing to work out of hours to the requirements of the client and participate on the call out rota
- To work within the Mountjoy group and assist other contracts as directed by the Contract Manager as and when the business dictates.
- Maintain your company vehicle in a clean and tidy condition at all times and report any defects to the Foreman/ Supervisor in a timely manner
- Be an inclusive part of the team
- Be comfortable in dealing with building users and remain professional at all times
- Be able to diagnose the right repair adopting the right first-time approach
- Be a team player ensuring lessons learnt, and good practices are shared amongst the team for future benefit of the service
- Have a practical approach to health and safety, ensuring that you and others are safe at all times.
- A problem solver and be able to work out what is the right repair
- Be able to self-manage and be self-motivated, prioritising and programming work in the most efficient manner
- Strong customer care focus
- Good Health and Safety awareness and knowledge
- Full and Clean driving Licence
- Able to work at height
- Able to use the phone or PDA to communicate effectively, explaining yourself clearly and concisely understanding what information you need or need to provide
- Be able to understand Mountjoy's processes and actively engage in our culture
- Have the prerequisite technical, statutory, and legislative knowledge for the trades you perform for the company ensuring you keep abreast of updates and changes.
- Have knowledge of the materials and methods used in the building and maintenance industry.
- REQUIRED: City & Guilds 2382 17th Edition Electrical Regulations
- REQUIRED: City & Guilds 2391 Testing & Inspection or equivalent
- 18th Edition Electrical Regulations - working knowledge desirable
- NVQ 3 in electrical installation or equivalent
- Full current driving licence.
- A DBS check is required before commencement of role
- PASMA / IPAF (Desirable)
- 2 - 5 yrs. experience of working in Property Maintenance environment.
You will be working as part of a team with a very close knit and engaging group of people who live the ideals set out by Mountjoy. If you feel you can contribute, adding value and want to be part of an exciting venture, where you will be developed if the opportunity arises please send your CV or register your interest to the HR department at Mountjoy.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.