Contract length: Full Time, Permanent
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Your new role
Your new role will involve the following:
- To prepare detailed and accurate estimates/quotations submitting in a timely manner to meet return deadlines ensuring compliance with tender, QHSE specification and legislative requirements.
- To manage the estimating functions in the disciplines required within the region ensuring health and safety compliance and PAAS governance.
- Ensure secured works are complicit in all aspects of handover to the regional managers. Liaise and promote with clients and manufacturers, supply chain, and sales team.
- Assist the head of estimating as required in formulation of reporting functions.
What we can offer you
Core Benefits – Holiday Entitlement, Pension contributions and discount through MiDeals which can give you discounts and savings at over 850 high street retailers.
Voluntary Benefits – Cycle to work, Extra Holidays, Share Incentive Plan, Save as you Earn Scheme as well as numerous other benefits.
Recognition and Wellbeing initiatives such as Mitie Stars, long service awards and our Employee Assistance Programme.
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience of estimating and surveying in the roofing refurbishment sector.
In depth knowledge in the main disciplines of roofing, with broad experience construction knowledge.
Knowledge and proficiency of quote registers and the interrogation of the same.
- Organised planning manner with attention to detail.
- Good time discipline.
- Good clear communicator and excellent telephone manner.
- Keep strict confidentiality.
- Flexible, and able to work with frequent interruption.
- Sales and marketing experience.
- Good knowledge and proficiency of computing systems Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, word processing and spreadsheets.
- Ability to work at height.
- Full Driving License.