Building the present, creating the future
At BAM FM customer service is at the heart of what we do.
BAM FM is recruiting an Estimator to join the Northern region Business Development Team. This role can be based within the North West, North East, Yorkshire or Scotland areas, with Travel required across the Northern region.
We are looking for an Estimator who is able to price hard (essential) and soft (preferable) service contracts. You will be required to maintain and develop pricing models. You will be working alongside the sales team in order to provide the best possible solution for our clients. Contracts bid will be up to circa £3m per annum. We are looking for an experienced estimator who has had experience with working with similar size bids and also much smaller value bids. You will be reporting directly into the Lead Business Development Manager and be required to attend meetings and occasional site visits when necessary.
• Estimate Hard and Soft FM service opportunities.
• Ensure that our final cost submissions are competitive and innovative solutions have been considered to give our bids an edge over our competitors
• Assist the Mechanical and Electrical projects team in estimating work packages
• Assist in developing a strong Bid and Estimating strategy
• Develop strong supply chain relationships for future tenders/opportunities
• Support the Business Development team in providing creative and commercial solutions to bid requirements
• Provide accurate estimations for the delivery process for both Planned Maintenance and Installation projects
• Develop PQQ, SQ & ITT responses under the guidance of the lead Business Development Manager
• Proactively conduct market research and competitor analysis to develop win strategies and bid plans, bring ideas and fresh thinking to the department and to identify future opportunities and leads.
• Attend clients premises to survey opportunities and capture assets as required
Who are we looking for?
• Experience of facilities management technical and tender processes
• Experience in estimating Hard services (Essential) and Soft Services (preferable) delivery
• The ability to estimate from first principles
• Experience in using Microsoft packages - Excellent Excel skills (Essential) required
• Strong experience in estimating to HVAC SFG20 standards and ideally BIC's cleaning standards
• Ability to work within a team environment or as an individual with minimal supervision
• Ability to identify cost savings to enable BAM FM to bid competitively
• Ability to prioritise workloads and work to strict deadlines
• Ability to communicate and present finalisation of bids/costs to senior management confidently and succinctly
• Enthusiasm and be self-motivated/driven
• Comfortable communicating with clients and consultants in a clear and professional manner
• A desire to be a major contributor in the growth of BAM FM
What's in it for you?
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we provide continuing learning and development opportunities within a creative and considerate work environment.
If you share BAMs value of doing what you say you will, to the best of your ability, every time, we want to hear from you.
Who are we?
BAM FM has been delivering bespoke support services throughout the UK for 18 years. Employing over 900 staff, we deliver digital integrated facilities management with excellent customer service across the education, healthcare, retail and commercial property sectors. BAM FM has an annual turnover of £50 million and operates across England, Scotland and Wales, and is part of BAM Construct UK, a leading construction and property services business.
We are committed to attracting and developing a diverse workforce that reflects our customer base and the communities in which we operate, creating an environment that enables everyone to fulfil their potential.