Estimator/Senior Estimator - Glazing & Facade
Your new company
Your new company is a well-established and well-regarded glazing manufacturer based in Peterborough and London. They specialise in installation of facade and cladding for high value residential, commercial and retail developments with value up to £20m. Due to continued growth they are seeking an Estimator or Senior Estimator to join their Estimating team in their Peterborough branch.
Your new role
This is an exciting opportunity to work within a family run company who are looking for an outward going and forward-thinking individual wanting to take on a significant role within the estimating team. Requirements for the role include all aspects of estimating including:
- Assessment of incoming enquiries for suitability and risk
- Analysis of any potential technical issues including liaising with relevant consultants, architects and clients to bring to a successful conclusion
- Preparation and submission of subcontract and material enquiries and assessment of incoming quotations for suitability/value
- Attend/conduct meetings with client/architect/consultant
- Carry out full take off and detailed pricing
- Assess and price preliminary items and access equipment required to carry out a successful contract
- Submit fully prepared tender documents to clients including Bills of Quantity, clarifications, inclusions and exclusions and supporting documentation
- Negotiation of costs and proposals including any value engineering work to successful completion and awarding of project.
- Conduct detailed hand over meetings with internal staff and contracts team
- Carry out Budget costs when required
- Building positive and lasting relationships with clients to establish new and repeat business
- Ongoing development of internal processes and estimating tools
- Production of analytical documents for presentation to the management/sales team
What you would need to succeed
Candidates require the following as a minimum:
- Previous experience in estimating roles within the glazing/fenestration industry
- Working knowledge in Aluminium glazing systems
- Understanding of glazing types and specifications
- Thorough understanding of Excel and other Microsoft Office based products
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines both within a team or working independently
- Experience with other aluminium based systems and PVCu windows
- A willingness to learn about new products and techniques
- CAD experience
What you'll get in return
On offer is a great opportunity to join an established Estimating team and company who have a strong order book and offering a competitive salary and benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.