Experienced Quantity Surveyor
JSJ is an established and developing contractor within the Civil Engineering sector.
Due to our planned expansion of the business, we are presently looking for an experienced Civils Quantity Surveyor to join our business on a permanent basis.
The role will entail delivering the Quantity Surveying element of small to large Infrastructure developments, mainly associated with new build warehouses, including but not limited to, associated earthworks, foundations, Drainage, yards, parking areas, footpaths, kerbing, ducting works, 278 highway works and utilities.
The role would suit an experienced Quantity Surveyor, ideally with a minimum of 5 years’ experience of a strong Construction and Civil Engineering background.
This position will provide the opportunity to join a growing business, who offer a first-rate salary + package, together with an excellent working environment, based in newly built offices in a rural location on the outskirts of Northampton,10 minutes from J15 of the M1.
Daily Duties will include but are not limited to:
· Taking off from drawings, preparing Bills of Quantities where not supplied.
Checking Bills of quantities against contract drawings when necessary.
· Pricing works from agreed schedules of rates, costing site variations, preparing new unit rates/outputs/costs.
· Measuring work completed on site, submitting monthly valuations to the client on time.
· Liaising with the site teams in collecting completed records, daywork sheets, marked up drawings of work completed etc.
· Preparing sub-contract tender packages where required, carrying out comparisons and placing relevant work orders.
· Collating, Interpreting, and analysing project commercial records.
· Producing early warnings, risk areas and compensation events.
· Ensuring cost control is maintained throughout all functions.
Reporting directly to the managing director
Candidates will require previous experience:
· Working on and overseeing the Quantity surveying element for the construction of new build Industrial Units/Warehouse projects, inclusive of Earthworks, Drainage, Structures, and related works, inclusive of roads & highways, drainage & utilities etc.
· Working within Civil Engineering sector, ideally on similar projects.
· Completing measurements and outputs for the related works, noted above.
· A working knowledge of relevant forms of contracts, such as NEC or JCT would be an advantage.
Candidates will ideally have:
· A relevant qualification in Quantity Surveying or Civil Engineering (i.e., Degree/HND/HNC or equivalent).
· A Strong commercial understanding, a thorough communicator, IT skills Inc using measurement tools such as Bluebeam, AutoCAD or similar.
Full UK Driving Licence required.
A Health Safety and Environment Test / CSCS card is required to access construction sites.
Expected start date. 01/06/2023