Your new company
Our client is the UK's largest and leading multidisciplinary faculty of the built environment, covering architecture, construction and project management, planning and environmental design as well as other specialist fields. In recent years, through teaching and research they have achieved international prominence. Right now, they are the world's largest and most successful centres of built environment research and teaching, with the most world-leading research in its field in the UK, according to the Government's Research Excellence Framework.
Your new role
Room Bookings and Audio Visual (AV)
- Act as a point of contact for all room bookings
- Curate room booking requests to ensure efficient and appropriate use of space
- Develop and maintain systems for monitoring space and facilities usage
- Set up of furniture for booked rooms, including AV equipment as needed
- Maintain the room booking schedules and disseminate set ups to facilities colleagues
- Supervise the Facilities Assistants in their set-up duties and oversee completion of work
- Undertake events planning meetings with the Events Officer.
- Be flexible with working hours, including the need for overtime where time off in lieu or overtime will be arranged
Equipment and Facilities
- Act as the School's nominated print representative, ensuring printers are in good working order and arranging necessary maintenance
- Arrange insurance of equipment as appropriate
- Move and track equipment as necessary
- Carry out simple maintenance tasks on-site (e.g. affix notices, brackets etc.) where appropriate
- Collect bulky items from reception
- Manual handling and lifting (furniture and equipment) as part of preparing meeting and teaching areas
- Ordering items such as furniture, crate for moves and kitchen & cleaning supplies.
- Maintain student lockers and other shared facilities
- Maintain keys (record keeping and ordering replacements as required)
- Troubleshooting of facilities issues that can be dealt with easily and safely
- Telecommunications & Networking
- Liaise Information Services Division (ISD) and Telecommunications to set-up internal extensions and equipment (handsets, speakerphones, etc.)
- Liaise with ISD and Faculty IT staff to organise all networking port activations
- Act as a point of contact for staff requests
- Submit requests for maintenance to Customer Service Desk
- Maintain a system for follow-up enquires
- Liaise with Facilities, contractors and suppliers of local waste management services and with cleaning contractors
Space Coordination & Works
- Ensure rooms and open areas are presentable and appropriately laid out on a daily basis
- Assist in organising office relocations and
- refurbishment projects
- Coordinate external suppliers for facilities jobs (shelving, painting, etc.
- Updating internal signage
Staff and visitors
- Organise ID and building access for new staff and visitors where appropriate
- Work with Services systems to issue visitor passes as appropriate
- Welcome new staff and undertake safety orientations as part of Inductions
Health and Safety
- Communicate health and safety guidelines
- Liaise with Safety Services & the Buildings, Facilities and Safety Manager to ensure the department complies with all aspects of Health, Safety and Fire safety management policies.
- Assist with Risk Assessments (providing guidance) on fieldwork, student trips, and high-risk work situations in line with Approved Codes of Practice (ACOPs)
- Complete Accident Reports
- Act as Fire Marshall, first Aider and DSE Assessor (training will be provided) Promote safe working (lone working guidance, occupational health issues)
Assistance during peak times such as:
- Shows & Exhibitions
- Internal & external exams
- End of year clearance of studios and lockers
All support staff will be responsible for reception duties, dealing with visitors, accepting deliveries, sorting mail and other appropriate ad-hoc tasks that arise during the normal working day. Training will be provided where necessary to the post-holder on new processes.
The post holder will:
- Actively follow policies including 'Equal Opportunities'
- Attend staff meetings and training as required
- Maintain an awareness and observation of Fire and Health & Safety Regulations
- Carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, the title of the post and its grading as requested by the Facilities, Buildings and Safety
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.