Facilities Management No.1 (General Manager) of highly successful property consultancy in South Yorkshire
Your new company
A dominant force in their sector, this leading property consultancy are a highly successful organisation who due to growth are looking for a Number 1 in Facilities Management (General Manager) representing a significant career opportunity for a candidate with the right mix of experience and leadership capability.
Your new role
Our exclusive client are looking to appoint an experienced and highly motivated Number 1 in Facilities Management/Contracts Manager.
Further responsibilities include:
- Working closely with the onsite teams
- Create a positive working relationship within the team and with Clients
- Review current systems
- Strong focus on cost management, profit margins and monthly reporting to the Managing Director and Finance Director.
- Good working knowledge of FM, Hard Services, PPM regimes, Project Installations, RAMS and Health & Safety procedures
- Manage operational resources to enable efficient working practices
- Procure external services/sub-contractors that are required by the contracts from approved suppliers and ensure timely delivery
- Develop stronger links with procurement to ensure all staff have the required competence to fulfil their role and provide the necessary training and development
- Carry out regular customer/client reviews to determine the level of satisfaction being achieved
- Identify and steer process improvements
- Supervise and support all members of the Maintenance Teams and encouraging team working
- Co-ordinate and control the activities of subcontractors
- Manage and maintain existing contracts and ensure these are renewed
- Target new contracts and undertake business development
- Explore cross selling opportunities across the Group
- Identify new markets/sectors
- General promotion and development of the FM business.
- Look to innovate and strive to be best in class by innovating and embracing change
What you'll need to succeed
To succeed in this role you will need you will ideally have experience in a similar role as well as a high level of initiative, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build long lasting relationships. Furthermore, skills are qualities to be successful:
- Significant relevant experience in facilities/ services management
- In depth knowledge of current relevant Health & Safety regulations (ISOH)
- Technical knowledge of Mechanical/Electrical Maintenance
- Results driven and committed to achieving goals
- Excellent customer service, communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrable ability to motivate and coach others/ strong leadership skills
- Able to work to tight deadlines
- Excellent organisation skills, being able to prioritise and meet deadlines, multi-task and re-prioritise work and delegate.
- A 'can do' attitude.
- Good IT skills including use of excel including the ability to create detailed and complex spreadsheets and strong report writing skills
What you'll get in return
In return you will get a very competitive salary + other benefits and the chance to further your career with a reputable and growing organisation.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.