Building the present, creating the future
At BAM FM customer service is at the heart of what we do.
BAM FM are recruiting a Facilities Manager to be based at a high specification residential site in the Heart of London's South Bank, near Waterloo.
You will be required to manage and co-ordinate all Facilities Management (FM) Hard and Soft Service activities within the contract to ensure we deliver budgeted cost effective, client focused service and solutions.
You will be working in collaboration with the client to ensure that FM service delivery exceeds the agreed levels of compliance, quality, and value for money, in support of our Clients core activities. At all times you will ensure compliance with all statutory, contractual requirements, industry good practice and BAM FM policy and procedures.
• Overall responsibility for delivery of all FM Services
• Delivery of all lifecycle/capital works up to [£100k].
• Coordination of all capital works greater than [£100k]
• Ensuring all works are delivered to suitable safe and compliant working practices.
• Liaison with the Management Company Board and Residents.
• Regular reporting to the management company.
• Management of the on-site FM Team subcontractors and suppliers.
• Management and development of the on-site FM team to successfully achieve contract, company, team and personal goals to achieve the service delivery requirements.
• Create and maintain effective team working relationships between BAM FM and client teams
• Manage the recruitment process to ensure the requirements of the contract are met.
• Complete performance surveys of plant and equipment and report survey results to the Lifecycle department.
• Manage all planned, reactive maintenance and repair works in line with contracted key performance indicators.
• Manage all procurement including sub-contractor quotes and orders, material requisitions with the FM commercial team.
• Maintain up to date records in accordance with legislative, contractual and BAM FM requirements.
• Develop business planning, ensuring the FM budgets are managed in strict accordance with the contract to achieve savings where possible and best value for money.
• Operate all services and facilities within the contract to the most cost effective and efficient manner.
• Develop and maintain Long term Maintenance Plans for review with the Management Company Board
• Carry out other duties that may be reasonably requested from time to time by BAM FM and the Management Company Board.
• Work closely with the HR department at all times monitoring sickness, absenteeism and performance review in line with BAM FM's Policies and Procedures.
• Work closely with the commercial and finance department to ensure accounts and invoicing are kept up to date at all times, with minimum of aged debt.
• Identify training needs within your team, to meet demands of both legislation, the contract and the business.
• Compliance with all contract Key Performance Indicators (KPI's)
• Achievement of all financial targets.
Who are we looking for?
• Must have M&E experience
• Experience working as a Facilities Manager in Hard and Soft Services
• Preferably be a member of the British Institute of Facilities Management or RICS.
• Hold qualifications in mechanical and electrical disciplines.
• Health & Safety certification (IOSH or NEBOSH essential or willingness to undertake).
• Competent knowledge of IT packages (Concept desirable)
• Excellent organisational, presentation and interpersonal skills
• Excellent people management skills
• DBS check Essential
What's in it for you?
A challenging and continuously changing environment in a forward thinking organisation. In addition to an attractive salary and benefits package, we support further personal growth and development.
Who are we?
BAM FM has been delivering bespoke support services throughout the UK for 18 years. Employing over 900 staff, we deliver digital integrated facilities management with excellent customer service across the education, healthcare, retail and commercial property sectors. BAM FM has an annual turnover of £60 million and operates across England, Scotland and Wales, and is part of BAM Construct UK, a leading construction and property services business.
We are committed to developing a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customer base and the communities in which we operate, creating an environment which enables everyone to fulfil their potential.